About the Program
Kathmandu Engineering College (KEC) is a TU affiliated private engineering college which is imparting effective education in the field of civil engineering since 1998. There are different branch of engineering which is taught in this college and civil engineering is one of them. BE Civil engineering is one of the most demanding courses in the field of engineering and KEC is no exception. KEC has established itself as the eminent college in providing quality engineering education and studying Civil in the KEC has always been the first choice of the students. With Adequate physical facilities, modern laboratories and unique teaching learning pedagogy, KEC is one of the best colleges for studying civil engineering in the town.
There are more than 16 full time and 25 part time recognized faculties for teaching Civil engineering in KEC. Due to the academic environment provided by the college, proper guidance of the teachers and hard work of the students, good results are produced by the civil engineering students every year. Civil engineering students of KEC is not limited to classroom, time and often guest lectures, seminars, talk programs, etc are organized for enhancing the leadership capacities of the students and to make them well acquainted with changing scenario.
Various field visits, survey camps, workshop etc are arranged by civil engineering department of KEC to integrate the theoretical knowledge of the classrooms with the real life experience in the working field. Addition to this, the civil engineering department of KEC has focused on the research activities and technical papers along with providing the skills related to the software of civil engineering. The civil engineering graduates of KEC have been doing well in their further education and professional career both nationally and internationally. So, combination of all these features makes KEC undoubtedly one of the best institutions for Civil Engineering.
Admission in BE civil:
The students must have secured at least a score of 45% in I.Sc. or +2 science with two hundred marks mathematics or diploma in engineering or an equivalent course from TU or university recognized by TU.
- In order to get admission in BE civil of KEC, students must pass the entrance exam of IOE.
- Total marks of entrance exam: 140 marks, out of which, English: 22 marks, Chemistry: 20 marks, Mathematics: 40 marks, Physics: 40 marks, Engineering Aptitude: 18 marks.
- Time of entrance exam: 2 hours, objective multiple choice question taken on computer
- 0% negative marking for each wrong answer
- Merit list is published after the engineering entrance exam.
Every year KEC civil engineering department takes 121 students for BE civil program on the basis of merit list published after the entrance exam of IOE.
Civil Engineering of KEC provides some of the best subjects as electives in the final year.The subjects are:
- Solid Waste Management
- Structural Dynamics
- Suspension Bridge
- Advance Geotechnical Engineering
- Traffic and Transport Modeling
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Rock Slope Engineering
- Finite Element Methods
- Hill Irrigation
- Traffic Engineering and Planning
- Design of R.C.C. Bridge
- Rock Engineering (for hydropower development)
- Urban Planning
- GIS and Remote Sensing
- Construction Safety Management
- Environmental Management System
- Design of Earthquake resistant structure
- Projector and Multimedia
- Advanced heavy and light labs
- Modern/Digital equipment
- Qualified and experiences academicians
Fees structure for studying BE civil in KEC can be known from the administration of the college.