Search for College
Namuna College of Fashion Technology
NAMUNA is a distinguished name in the fashion realm of Nepal. It was Mrs. Gyani Shova Tuladhar, the founder principal and an eminent name in the fashion industry of Nepal, who started “Namuna Silai” the oldest designing firm in Nepal. Later in 1997, Namuna Institute of Technology was established, the first ever professional training school in Nepal, with a purpose to offer short courses in the facet of fashion designing in Nepal. The year 2002 is imprinted as an important date for “NAMUNA” with the establishment of Namuna College of Fashion Technology that has been catering professional courses and uplifting the fashion scenario in the context of Nepal.
Namuna College of Fashion Technology (NCFT) was established in 2002 as the first college to introduce Bachelors Degree in Fashion Designing in Nepal. NCFT is affiliated to Purwanchal University and is located at Basbari in Kathmandu. The college was initiated with a purpose to uplift and develop the scenario of fashion couture in Nepal through excellent academic curriculum and creative teaching-learning methodology in association with world renowned foreign institutions in fashion designing.
Namuna College of Fashion Technology ever since its establishment, has been providing undergraduate course through its dynamic curriculum and syllabus based on national and international degree and has been proving as the best college to pursue their dreams in fashion industry not just in Nepal but worldwide. Today, Namuna College of Fashion Technology has already produced graduates who are now successfully excelling in their respective fields and has become one of the most sought after colleges in the discipline of fashion education in Nepal.
Namuna College of Fashion Technology is affiliated with the Purbanchal University and currently runs Bachelor of Fashion Design(BFD), Diploma Courses and Pashmina Fashion Design.
The founder principal of NAMUNA College, Mrs. Gyani Shova Tuladhar says that since its debut 40 years ago, NAMUNA College of Fashion Technology has successfully uplifted fashion industry in Nepal. The college has transformed many of its students into professionals and entrepreneurs with a local and global understanding of fashion says Mrs. Tuladhar. The college also focuses on improving the overall development of the student and garners them with confidence, creativity & innovation. She proudly admits that it's the hard work and achievements of the college and its graduates that have led fashion education and Namuna College of Fashion Technology to an utmost position.
Why Namuna College of Fashion Technology ?
- Namuna College of Fashion Technology is located at a prime location in Basbari Kathmandu, which is easily accessible and has its own modern academic complex with spacious and well-furnished classrooms.
- The college has a team of highly experienced and dedicated teaching and nonteaching staff who have years of experience in their area of study along with international linkage with design institutes all over the world. The college has modern approach of teaching through audiovisuals and practical projects.
- Namuna College of Fashion Technology has already made its name as the first college to introduce fashion designing in Bachelors level in Nepal and has collaborated with the “NAMUNA” brand which itself is a remarkable name in the fashion industry of Nepal.
- The college focuses on the overall development of its students and organizes regular workshops and seminars with prominent national and international personalities from the industry and beyond. There is also a provision of regular field visits to various garments, factories and fashion hubs.
- With its internship programs collaborated with Nepal Pashmina Industry Association (NPIA), Namuna College of Fashion Technology assists its students for internship and placement.
- The college has well-equipped labs with required materials and equipments.
- There is a well-stocked library with a large collection of books and materials related to fashion and haute couture.
- There is a provision of scholarships to the deserving students at Namuna College of Fashion Technology.
Bachelor of Fashion Design
Are you into fashion and planning to earn name in the fashion industry? Graduate in the course of Bachelor of Fashion Designing and start your journey towards becoming a succesful designer. Learn more about applying for this course at Namuna College of Fashion Technology and other necessary details.
Infrastructure & Facilities
Candidates who wish to join Namuna College of Fashion Technology should have scored an aggregate of minimum of 35% in 10+2 or equivalent degree from a board/university recognized by the PU in any faculty. The candidates are required to sit through an entrance examination conducted by the college. The duration of the examination is 2 hours and consists of multiple choice questions covering a wide range of subjects like English Aptitude, Computer, G.K., Fashion Design and Textile. After passing the entrance examination, the candidates have to appear for a final interview before they get enrolled at Namuna College of Fashion Technology. The candidates are requested to provide all the educational certificates and relevant certificates at the time of the admission.