Search for College
Nobel College, the extension of higher secondary school Nobel Academy, was founded earlier in 2001 A.D. The college is affiliated to Pokhara University and offers a number of courses under management and science & technology field. Located conveniently at Sinamangal, Kathmandu, the college occupies sufficient space for extracurricular activities. A well-furnished academic complex with adequate infrastructures, the college has managed to attract a good number of students.
The college has been implementing various bachelor's level program in the field of management as well as science & technology. The college is providing four bachelor's degree courses under management faculty namely Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking & Insurance (BBA-BI), Bachelor of Computer Information System (BCIS), Bachelor of Health Care Management (BHCM) and six bachelor's degree courses under science and Technology namely Bachelors of Public Health (BPH), Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. MLT), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B. Sc. Nursing), Bachelor of Science in Medical Microbiology (B. Sc. MM), Bachelor of Science in Medical Bio-chemistry (B. Sc. MB), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.).
It is also mentioned in the college brochure that the teaching faculty excellence and academic excellence can be seen as most of the students resulted in straight As as well as excellent grades of 4.0 CGPA in the University examinations. The principle of the college has also said that the graduates have either found job opportunities in reputed companies or pursued further studies of Master's degree.
Based on the college brochure and website, the objectives of Nobel College are as follows:
- To provide quality education applicable in Nepal's context.
- To produce skilled professionals who can compete on a regional, national and international platforms.
- To make students capable enough to find great job opportunities.
- To provide strong education foundation to pursue further studies of Master's level.
- To implement as many programs that are popular and has scope globally.
The principal of the Nobel College, Mr. Kamal Pd. Regmi, says that Nobel College is a leading college running under the affiliation of Pokhara University, offering total of 10 programs of Bachelor's level. Every year more or less 480 students enroll in this college. He adds that the students of Nobel College are getting full exposure in the program that is required in the practical field. Moreover, the technical field students are getting various job opportunities and they aim to make non-technical students capable to pursue further studies of master level. He assures that the college is reasonable and has been offering various scholarship schemes according to college rules.
Why Nobel College ?
According to the information stated on the brochure and Website of Nobel College, the college provides extensive choices of programs. With the group of professional teachers, the college is said to provide strong academic foundation. Nobel College offers internationally recognized degree, with credit transferring facility. Nobel College claims to provide leadership skills, analytical and logical problem fixing skills, and quality education.
The college brochure informed us about the different facilities the college is providing such as wide-spaced classrooms, well-equipped library, Computer center furnished with new technologies, hostel facility, field visits, etc.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Join a 4-years academic program, BBA offered at Nobel College that intends to prepare individuals to gain managerial and organizational skills and compete in the realtime working environment.Browse to get more details.
Bachelor of Computer Information System
Learn why to join BCIS at Nobel College and get to know the advantages,the facilities, infrastrucures provided by the college. Also know the details for admission and other general requirements.
Bachelor of Health Care Management
Looking forward to graduate in Bachelor of Health Care Management (BHCM)? Nobel College encompasses the best facilities and infrastructures that will help you to get proper training and qualifications. Browse and learn more details on the admission seats, fee structures and other general requirements.
Bachelor of Public Health
Looking forward to contribute in improving the health of a population? Study Bachelor of Public Health in Nobel College and gain all the required skills and trainings to pursue your career in public health. Browse to learn more details on the course and other general requirements.
B.Sc. Medical Biochemistry
Interested to pursue a career in Biochemiostry? Grab the opportunity to study B.Sc. Medical Biochemistry at Nobel College and gain the benefits of advanced laborotaries and other facilities along with an appropriate environment. Get more details on joining procedures and other requirements by following the given link.
B.Sc. Medical Microbiology
Are you searching for a course that has multiple career opportunities? Well B.Sc. Medical Microbiology might be the right choice for you. Start the foundation of your career with Nobel College and gain the experience of learning practically. Learn more about the course details and other general requirements from the given link.
B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
Pursue your career as a Medical LaborotaryTechnician by studying at Nobel College. Gain practical knowledge and research opportunities through various projects and postings at this college. For more details go through the given link.
B.Sc. Nursing (Semester)
Are you looking forward to contribute in the health sector? Join B.Sc. Nursing at Nobel College and become a qualified nurse. Browse and get the details on the admission seats, eligibilty criteria, fee structure and other general requirements.
Bachelor of Education
Are you looking forward to pursuing a career in teaching ? Bachelor of Education is the ultimate course for you to get qualified as a teacher. Join Nobel College and graduate in Bachelor of Education. Learn more details regarding the course and other criterias from the given link.
Bachelor of Education- Three Years
If you are planning to graduate in Bachelor of Education- three years then, Nobel College might be the right choice for you. Browse and learn the details on the college and all the required information about joining us.
The college endorses scholarship as per the University and college rules.
Infrastructure & Facilities
According to the mentioned information on the college brochure, the college seems to provide many facilities. Some of them are as follows:
- Teaching Methodology: The college has recruited some highly qualified team of teachers in order to deliver high standard education, to facilitate students with effective learning environment, to equip students with communication, presentation and leadership skills. Group discussion, project works, case studies, contemporary audio-visual aids, seminars, assessments, and laboratories are essential methodologies of teaching implemented according to the course demand.
- Library: With necessary and essential course books and reference books, the college consists of a well-organized library. As library resources, the library is occupied with journals and periodicals, additional materials, computers, and photocopy services.
- Nobel Students Council: The students of the college has formed a council, called Nobel Students Council, which implements various seminars and workshops for the welfare of the students.
- Hostel: The college provides hotel facility for girls.
- Computer Centre: The college owns a well-equipped computer centre having 24 hours internet facility. Nobel College believes in keeping students up-to-date with the dynamic world.
- Transportation: Due to unscheduled overtime tutorials, presentations, projects, and other activities, the students are encouraged to manage transportation by their own. However, there is transportation facility for needy students, provided with additional cost.
- Sports and Extra-curricular Activities: Various sports events and extra-curricular activities take place every year for active participation of students.
The students have to follow a sequence of procedures to get admission in the college. The students are chosen according to their intermediate level marks, entrance examination performance and interview round.
Students need to fill the admission forms supplied by the college. Along with appropriately filed admission form, applicants should attach the following documents:
- Verified copy of academic certificate and character certificate of SLC or equivalent.
- Verified copy of transcript and character certificate of +2 or equivalent level.
- Verified copy of letter of recommendation from previous school.
Upon submission of all the required documents and admission form, the applicant needs to register to take the entrance test.
To apply for management studies, the student must obtain a minimum of 45% marks in +2 or equivalent level in English medium. To apply for science & technology faculty, the student must achieve at least 50% marks in +2 or equivalent level in English medium.
The applicant needs to qualify the entrance examination set by the college. The sample questions are provided to the students along with the application form. The students applying for BBA, BHCM and BCIS should be prepared regarding following areas to take entrance test:
- Essay in English consisting of 500 words
- Quantitative Ability
- IQ test
- Computer and General Awareness
Following the entrance examination, the students have to go through an interview session. Interview performance is also evaluated for the consideration for admission.
The paid fees and deposits are not refundable if a student decides to withdraw from the college before or after the commencement of the semester.
Course registration is a crucial part of the credit system so, students are ought to be present at the college for this procedure. In case of absence, the student must notify the principal or his deputy. Besides regular course, students can register additional two courses.