Search for College
College of Medical Science
College of Medical Sciences is a medical school that is located at Bharatput, Chitwan. The college has undergone a lot of changes and modifications for the need-based health care system of Nepal since its establishment on 8th August, 1993. With the modern concept of globalization of medical education as well as hospital care of the patients, the College of Medical Sciences has endeavored to educate the undergraduates with the objective of producing medical personnel of high quality. This institution being premiere medical college in the heart of Nepal, besides having very eminent and experienced faculty who are endowed with international fame indulge with a curriculum which is student centered and has learning objectives of wide ranges of subjects. The curriculum is horizontally and vertically integrated and passive lectures are meager. Problem based learning is emphasized and encouraged among the students. Presently, College of Medical Sciences boasts of a highly qualified and experienced faculty mostly from neighboring countries and already five batches have passed out and there are now four batches of students on the rolls from various regions of Nepal, India and SAARC countries.
Being one of the foremost medical colleges of Chitwan, College of Medical Sciences continuously seeks improvement and evolves itself every year in order to meet the demands of the changing world with the following objectives:
- To produce quality clinicians and able managers for primary level health care and facilitate to bring in optimum health care services required for the local community right at their door-steps.
- To produce clinicians of specialties to provide appropriate and correct health care delivery system.
- To assist the government to promote and standardize Medical Education and produce appropriate manpower for fulfillment on its obligation to the community.
- To make the future doctors understand the psycho-social needs of the community and to conduct research, thus make them capable of pursuing postgraduate courses and developing cost effective health care services.
- To prepare the students to understand and promote other systems of medicine to develop and appreciate philosophical and ethical values of these medicine.
- To prepare College of Medical Sciences to take active part in building the health care delivery system of Nepal in general and the Chitwan district in particular.
Why College of Medical Science ?
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Are you looking forward to pursuing your career in the medical field and want to know more about this course? Then be a part of College of Medical Science for further detail browse the link.
Bachelor of Pharmacy
Aspire to become a successful pharmacist? Then study Bachelor of Pharmacy and gain broad knowledge regarding medicine at College of Medical Science. For more detail browse the link.
B.Sc Nursing prepares graduates to assume responsibilities as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators in a wide variety of professional settings.To know more about B.Sc nursing you can visit College Of Medical Science.
Infrastructure & Facilities
College of Medical Sciences offers a central library with a serene and tranquil atmosphere with air conditioned facilities. Fully equipped with reference books apart from the national and international journals. Apart from this, the library and all the departments are connected to the internet and special access to more than 17000 full text medical journals. A personalized information service and photocopying facilities are also available. College of Medical Sciences has 7 lecture halls, each of which can accommodate over 150 students and are fully equipped with furniture and the latest audio-visual instruments. The lecture halls are well ventilated and have enough of natural light.
Besides this, College of Medical Sciences also offers quality accommodation facility in the form of separate hostels for boys and girls. The rooms are always kept clean and is looked after by an experienced hostel warden. One vehicle is always placed in the campus to meet emergency needs and to take students and staff to the hospital in case it is required. The hostels also provide good and affordable canteen facilities that serves various types of food items such as Nepali, South Indian, North Indian, Chinese, Continental and others. College of Medical Sciences also has modern indoor and outdoor play grounds for all round development of the students, and moreover, also provides special facilities for Yoga and Gymnasiums. Finally, there is a fleet of buses and other vehicles for the College and Hospital for transporting students, faculty and staff.