Center for Technical Education and Vocational Training commonly known as CTEVT was formed in 1989 AD (2045 BS). The slogan of CTEVT is that “People with skills are the assets of the nation and the people without skills are the liabilities.” This is an autonomous authority for technical, vocational education and training (TEVT) in Nepal established with major purpose of producing efficient manpower in this sector. The major work responsibilities of this organization includes policy formulation, quality maintenance, preparing competitive curriculum, developing skills standard, testing the skills, research works, assessing the needs of trainings, etc. There is the provision of assembly of twenty four members and governing board (council) of nine members. Both the body is headed by Minister of Education. The council comprises of Vice-Chairman and Member Secretary as a full timer undertaking the responsibilities of driving this organization.
Vision: This institution has vision to skill Nepal for people’s affluence.
Mission: To make CTEVT a vibrant organization by developing competent manpower as per the glocal needs with TEVT framework.
The CTEVT has set some of the goals to be achieved:
- Escalating the TVET programs to make sure that it is fairly reachable to all.
- Making sure of the qualitative, applicable and competent TVET system.
- Increasing the usefulness and proficiency of CTEVT management.
- Forming NVQF for checking whether it is matching with education outline.
- To form TEVT fund by expanding various input.
- To create strong coordination with and among the different stakeholders.
There are various constituent and affiliated technical schools, colleges and training centers as well as annex colleges, by the aid of these institutions the CTEVT is providing the education. It provides certificate level (Diploma level), technical SLC and short-range professional education and skill training. The programs are mentioned below:
Vocational Training Provision:
This course is mainly designed for those people who are unable to get higher education or are very keen in getting professional/ vocational training and skills. This duration of this program ranges from 39 hours to 1500 hours. The list of the course taught under the vocational training is given below:
Technical Education Provision:
The CTEVT is conducting different courses related to engineering and agriculture, health and medical for diploma level or PCL. For 15 month course student should pass SLC but for those who have not passed SLC, the course duration is of 29 months.
Certificate/ Diploma Level:
Entry Requirement: SLC pass in second division, Courses Duration: 3 years
(1) I. Sc. Ag. (Plant Science) (2) I. Sc. Ag. (Animal Science) (3) Diploma in Food and Dairy Technology
One can be eligible for bachelor level after passing this course.
(1) Diploma in Civil Engineering (2) Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (3) Diploma in Electrical Engineering (4) Diploma in Electronic Engineering (5) Diploma in Survey Engineering (6) Diploma in Computer Engineering (7) Diploma in Information Technology (8) Diploma in Architecture Engineering
One can be eligible for bachelor level after passing this course.
(1) Proficiency Certificate in General Medicine (2) Proficiency Certificate in Nursing (3) Proficiency Certificate in Medical Lab Technology (4) Proficiency Certificate in Radiography (5) Proficiency Certificate in Ayurvedic Science (6) Diploma in Pharmacy (7) Diploma in Dental Science (8) Diploma in Ophthalmic Science
One can be eligible for BPH after studying above course but for MBBS one should pass the deficiency course of HSEB. For Bachelor of Nursing, two years of work experience is needed. One can also study, pharmacy and medical laboratory technology after pursuing above course. One should be very clear that above mentioned course can be studied in bachelor only if they have studied same course is proficiency level.
2) TSLC program:
Entry requirement: For SLC passed the course is of 15 and 18 months, under SLC: 29 months.
(1) JTA (Animal Science) (2) JTA (Plant Science)
Students who have passed above course by getting at least 68.66 percent are eligible to sit in entrance examination of I. Sc. Ag.
ii) Engineering (Sub-overseer)
(1) Civil (2) Mechanical (3) Electrical (4) Electronic (5) Automobile (6) Junior Computer Technician (7) Air-conditioning and refrigerator (8) Sanitary
Students who have passed above course by getting at least 68.66 percent are eligible to sit in entrance examination of Diploma in Engineering
(1) CMA: opportunities for upper level study (2) ANM: opportunities for upper level study (3) AAHW: opportunities for upper level study (4) Dental Hygienist: opportunities for upper level study (5) Lab Assistant: opportunities for upper level study
Special requirement: Students should pass SLC along with passing above course for appearing in entrance examination of upper level study in related subject.
There are large numbers of affiliated colleges. Names of the some of the colleges as per CTEVT website are given below:
Names of the annex schools are given below:
- Adarsha Higher Secondary School
- Shree Manthali Higher Secondary School
- Shanti Model Secondary School
- Shree Public Bindeshwor Scondary School
- Trivuwan Higher Secondary School - Annex Program
- Gurans Higher Secondary School
- Panchodaya Higher Secondary School
- Shree Krishna Higher Secondary School
Names of the constituent schools are as follows:
- Uttarpani Technical School Dhankuta
- Manmohan Memorial Polytechnic
- Vocational Training Center, Morang
- Lahan Technical School
- Jiri Technical School
- Panauti Technical School
- Nepal Banepa Polytechnic Institute
- Balaju School of Engineering and Technology
- Madan Ashrit Memorial Technical School
- Hetauda Polytechnic Institute
- School of Health Sciences
- Rural Training Centre Simpani
- Rural Training Center Tanahu
- Pokhara School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Dhawalagiri Technical School
- Tansen Nursing School
- Korea Nepal Institute of Technology
- Rapti Technical School
- Bheri Technical School
- Karnali Technical School
- Seti Technical School
Partners and Donors:
CTEVT has very good and professional relationship with various national and international organizations. Those organizations are helping to implement CTEVT program in Nepal though technical and financial support. Some of the names of the organization are given below:
- Colombo Plan Staff Colleges for Technician Education
- Asian Development Bank
- Swiss agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- Overseas Development Agency
- United Mission to Nepal (UMN)
- Government of Denmark
- Government of India
- Government of China
One can get the detail information about these organizations in the official website of CTEVT.
There are various divisions in CTEVT for performing assigned works. These divisions perform various works for facilitating the CTEVT. The detail information about the divisions and their works can be known from the official website of CTEVT: http://ctevt.org.np
- Research and Information
- Policy and Planning
- National Skill Testing Board (NSTB).