MAKE COFFEE AT HOME IN EASY STEPS
About MAKE COFFEE AT HOME IN EASY STEPS
We are bringing you two simple yet effective ways for preparing a cup of coffee as a great way to kick start your day. These are traditional ways that give best results in the taste for all coffee lovers. Now it can be done in your kitchen without a coffee maker and you can serve genuine coffee again and again with same taste from these methods.
A. IN A COWBOY STEPS:
You will need:
- Ground coffee beans (medium/fine)
- Stove/heat source (campfire?)
- Pan or pot (its easier with a pan)
- Mug or cup
1. In a clean pan add a bit more water than you normally do when you brew coffee.
2. Place the pan on your stove and turn on the heat. When water comes to boil add coffee.( 2 tablespoons for every 6 ounce of water)
3. Remove the pan from heat and cover it immediately Wait 4-5 minutes to uncover
4. Now pour off the top onto your cup with a ladle.
B. IN A MAKE SHIFT COFFEE FILTER
You will need:
- Freshly ground coffee (go for a similar grind to a pour-over, which is medium-fine)
- Hot water (just below boiling)
- A Standard coffee filter (or something similar if you don't have one - see below)
- Large mug
- Paper clips, binders, or elastics - anything to securely hold the makeshift filter in place
1 - First, prepare your filter. Get your clean handkerchief and fold it into a square that will fit the mouth of your mug or cup. Make sure to leave a margin of cloth, around two inches that should hang over the sides of your cup.
2- Clamp the handkerchief securely to the sides of your cup. Check the tightness of the clips to ensure the cloth stays in place while you’re pouring hot water.
3-Grind the coffee into coffee powder coarsely until you reach the first cup symbol/marking
4-Place the ground coffee onto your filter set-up. Give it a little shake to spread the grounds equally on filter.
5-Boil two cups of water and once it reaches boiling point, take it off the heat source. Let the water cool off for thirty seconds. Now pour a bit of the water on the grounds, just enough to wet the coffee. Let it bloom for about thirty seconds before doing another slow pour, this time half of the remaining water for another thirty seconds. Do four slow pours until you have used up all the remaining water.See that the coffee grounds should have been fully saturated. When all the water has seeped through the handkerchief, you can carefully remove the clips and your makeshift filter. Your coffee can now be served add milk and sugar according to your taste.