BAD HABIT STUDENTS MUST QUIT
About BAD HABIT STUDENTS MUST QUIT
We all have habits. Habits are rituals and behaviors that are performed by us automatically.
These habits are activated in hundreds every day. The basal ganglia which is a specific part of
every human brain maintains the old habits as well as create new habits. Our habits are so
ingrained in our brains that we act according to them. Even when they are not beneficial to us.
The best way for changing your habit is by directly replacing your old habits with the new ones.
For a student good study habits can mean the difference between failure and success. Always
bring positive affirmations and ‘Yes, I can” attitude. Remove the temptations that can come to
deviate from your pure conscience. If possible use triggers to get acclimatized with new and a
good habit for 30 days and next time you can have it with you all the way throughout your life.
But, I don’t recommend that in the process you become very harsh with yourself while
conditioning your habits. Lack of sound sleep and increasing study hours during stressful times
such as final week before the exams is most common. This can be very toxic to your health. In
no way you can compromise on your health to have a good GPA. Most of the students stick with
bad habits such as excess caffeine intake while studying, lack of exercise, sleep deprivation, poor
eating habits that will have a negative impact on the student’s academic career.
The most commonly found bad habits among the students in their College life are listed below. If
you are under one of these habits or have more of these habits. A change or a correction should
be done to bring you on the right path. These habits not only make you suffer but also are
detrimental for your society. You must always seek to outgrow positive habits that can rectify
what has been done wrongly.
SOME BAD HABITS FOUND IN STUDENTS ARE:
- SIT ON SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES WHILE STUDYING
- PLAY PHONE DURING CLASSES AND STUDY TIME
- NOT BOTHERING TO STUDY FOR TESTS
- EXPECTING TEACHERS TO REMIND YOU OF MISSED HOME ASSIGNMENTS
- LATE FOR ATTENDING CLASS
- LEAVING BOOKS AT HOME BECAUSE YOU DON’T WANT TO CARRY THEM
- BEING THE CLASS CLOWN
- STAYING HOME SICK WHEN YOU ARE NOT ILL
- LAST HOUR PANIC TO MEET DEADLINES
- SLEEPING TOO MUCH OR TOO LITTLE
- SKIPPING CLASSES
- NOT TAKING NOTES ON YOUR READING
- WORKING FROM BED
- WEARING EARPHONES
- ONLY SKIMMING YOUR READING INSTEAD OF READING ASSIGNED TEXT THOROUGHLY.
- YOUR PARENTS ARE YOUR ALARM CLOCK
- BEING UNORGANIZED
- LACK OF PROPER COMMUNICATION WITH FAMILY AND TEACHERS
- CHECKING PHONES DURING CONVERSATION
- SAYING YES WHEN YOU SHOULD SAY NO
- COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHER PEOPLE
- POOR ATTENDANCE
- NOT FOLLOWING TEACHER’S INSTRUCTION
- NEGATIVE THINKING
We must be the keepers of good habit and you can always mend your ways by bringing
positivity into your life by changing your habits from now!