How to Sharpen Your Mind with Yoga
About How to Sharpen Your Mind with Yoga
Here are a few tips for students to improve their concentration and memory.
- Kneel down on a flat surface
- Ensure that your shins are in contact with the floor
- Overlap the big toes to press the pressure points
- Rest both palms on the knees and then sit in an upright position
- Close your eyes and hold for as long as it’s comfortable
- Sit in comfortable posture.
- Raise your right hand and place the ring and middle fingers over the left nostril, the first finger in between the eyebrows and the thumb over the right nostril.
- Inhale through your left nostril for six seconds using both the stomach and chest.
- Then close the nostril with the two fingers and exhale through the right nostril for six seconds.
- Then inhale from the right side and exhale through the left. Repeat five times.
- Stand upright on a flat surface and put the hands up straight
- Bend your torso all the way down so that the palms reach the toes gradually
- Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds and come up
- Lie on a flat surface on the back and raise both legs to a 90 degree angle
- Move your legs slowly over your head and touch the floor behind the head with your toes
- Support the back with the palms
- Remain in the posture for 30 to 40 seconds
- Sit in vajrasana or any comfortable posture.
- Focus your gaze on an object without blinking until the eyes start to tear
- Relax and then repeat five times.
- Before you close the eyes, rub the palms together and place over the face (this will protect your eyes from disease and weakness)