Bachelor of Business Administration (Kathmandu University)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program of Kathmandu University School of Management (KUSOM) is specialization oriented undergraduate program designed to give better and broad knowledge of business and management. BBA in KU is a 4 year program spread over eight semesters covering a total of 120 credit hours of study, that include 45 credits for foundation courses, 60 credits for core management courses, 9 credits for concentration courses, and 6 credits each for elective courses and internship. Students must complete their internship in a business, industrial, governmental or non-governmental organization for a minimum period of 6 weeks in the last semester.
This degree provides students with strong theoretical knowledge and practical skills in various areas of business management and provides opportunity to focus in an area of their special professional interest leading to many possible career options in private or public business sector.
Colleges offering BBA in KU
Kathmandu University School of Management (KUSOM)
Pinchhe Tole, Sasatancha, Balkumari, Lalitpur, Nepal P.O Box: 6250, Kathmandu
Tel No.: 01-5548891, 01-5006429 Fax: +977-01-5544814
Nepal College of Management (NCM) Dhobighat, Lalitpur
Tel: 5540752 / 5540753 GPO Box: 1138 Email: email@example.com
Little Angels’ College of Management (LACM) Hattiban, Lalitpur
Tel: 5250123 Fax: 5250888 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To produce professional and intellectual managers and entrepreneurs with conceptual and practical skills to start up their career in management and related field and work professionally and successfully.
- To develop a broad understanding, attributes and analytical skills among the students for problem solving and decision making of organizations and their management
- To help students in understanding the present-day business and social issues and provide them with professional ,social and personal ethics to handle them in a organized way
- To promote the managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the students to meet the requirements for managerial specialization competencies
- To develop competent, dedicated, professional and successful managers and entrepreneur who can carry out and execute plans and policies
- To motivate students and enhance their intellectual abilities conducting business research for smooth and effective transition into managerial career.
Eligibility for Admission:
- Applicants must qualify KUUMAT (Kathmandu University Undergraduates Management Admission Test) a SAT based exam conducted by Kathmandu University with a minimum pass score.
- Students must have completed their 10+2 (Higher Secondary Education Board) or Proficiency Certificate Level(PCL), or equivalent level certificate from recognized college or universities with minimum 50% in aggregate.
- GCE 'A' level passed with a minimum GPA of 'C' or above.
- Non-Nepali can also apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria, along with the completed Application form, the following documents are needed. Application forms can be collected from the KU affiliated colleges.
- Certification of successful performance in KUUMAT as provided by KU.
- Copy of a School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or equivalent mark sheet
- Copy of a 10+2 (HSEB) or equivalent transcript
- Copy of a Migration Certificate (Original during the admission)
- Copy of a Character Certificate
- Copy of a Citizenship Certificate or valid Passport (For Non-Nepali)
- One self-written essay (personality profile)
- Two recommendation letters from principal / teachers of previous school /college
NOTE: Kathmandu University Undergraduate Management Admission Test (KUUMAT) is conducted by Kathmandu University. To get admission into KUMAAT test, applicants are required to contact KUSOM.
Course of Study
- English I
- Mathematics I
- Financial Accounting – I
- Managerial Communication
- English – II
- Mathematics II
- Financial Accounting – II
- Business Management
- Information System Technology
- Statistics – I
- Management Accounting
- Business Law
- Statistics – II
- Economic Development
- Political Science
- Managerial Finance – I
- Quantitative Techniques
- Managerial Finance – II
- Organizational Behaviour
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Entrepreneurship & NBF
- Strategic Management
- Concentration I
- Concentration II
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Concentration III
- Concentration IV
- Elective III
- Elective IV
Scope and Career Prospects
After completing BBA, graduates can look for jobs in marketing, sales, finance, administration in different types of organizations such as banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, educational institutions, hospitals and medical centers, hotels, etc.
- Since BBA degree equips graduates with knowledge about corporate management, they mostly apply as a management trainee in a company.
- A good number of BBA graduates are seen to start their own ventures.
- BBA Graduates turns into MBA student by join colleges abroad or within Nepal. Most of them are seen to do EMBA(executive MBA) course or MBA evening degree at colleges since they are doing full time jobs at daytime.
- BBA Graduates join as an instructor and mentor for teaching at colleges, schools and educational institutions.
Â© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.