Bachelor of Dental Surgery (Kathmandu University)
Bachelor in Dental Surgery is a degree that provides education on medical procedure involving surgery of teeth and jaw bones. It is a degree or profession related to the mouth, teeth, gums, etc problems. This degree includes all the dental care and its maintenance. After completing the course, students will be able to understand the measures that should be taken to prevent the oral diseases. Students will be aware of all dental problems and its solution and they can provide information and preventive measures about the dental treatment to the society as well. Moreover, students graduating with this degree will gain knowledge and skills that will help them to identify the treatment related to oral diseases. The main function of this degree is to give knowledge regarding to treating diseases regarding to mouth, teeth, gums, teeth, etc. Its main objectives is to prepare a overall professional dental students. The course contain curriculum that will provide knowledge on Basic Dental Science Clinical Practice related to dental problems and Dental surgery Team work, professionalism and Social Responsibility Education on Dental Public Health and Global Health.In the first year, students will gain experiences on clinical procedure. With the course progression, students will gain knowledge about professionalism, teamwork and social responsibility that they should embrace in this professional.
- A Bachelor in Dental Surgery Degree is designed to help students understand the concepts and principles of medical dentistry and dental health and structure of a human body.
- The program ingrains the student with the fundamental and scientific knowledge to identify common dental health problems and provide advice to the general population on oral health and health related matters.
- The program aims to produce globally saleable and competent manpower who demonstrate an understanding of contemporary knowledge and skills.
- BSD aims to produce knowledge based manpower eager to participate in immunization and dental health programs and in health camps.
- The program aims to develop and prepare students in both theoretical and practical approaches of dentistry.
- BSD tends to motivate and introduce the students into the world of medicine and dental health.
- The program helps students understand the moral structure and ethics of a medical profession.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
- Dentist in hospitals, dental clinics and health departments
- Educator or professor in dental teaching colleges.
- Advisors in Medical Insurance firms.
- Researcher and advising roles in pharmaceutical companies.
- Medical Army Personal
- Advisors in dental equipment manufacturers including companies that manufacture user-end product.
- As a private consultant.