Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (Kathmandu University)
The Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering program help to develop specialized technical knowledge in the field of mechanical engineering, equipping the students with an advanced understanding of the design of mechanical processes, mechanical systems, whole machines and mechanical engineering. The program is recommended to engineers willing to upgrade their skills.
The two years program offered by the Kathmandu University aspires to produce professionals with sound knowledge and technical expertise to meet the demand of competitive job market. The program provides the students with the fundamental and advanced knowledge in the fields of Energy, Engineering Design and Maintenance that is relevant to the needs of Industries within Nepal. The program covers subjects, such as Research Design, Seminars and Communication Skill, Hydropower Engineering, Engineering Design, Renewable Energy and Advanced probability and statistics. The specialization subjects include in Energy, Industrial Engineering and Engineering Design.
Kathmandu University &_ School of Engineering is the only academic institution offering the Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering program under the affiliation of KU in Nepal.
Some of the objectives of the Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering are:
- To enable student to exhibit a comprehensive knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- To enable students to exhibit knowledge of current issues in their chosen specialization area.
- To enable students to execute technical projects independently.
- To enable students to use the skills, techniques and contemporary engineering tools required for engineering practice.
- To enable students to recognized, evaluate and solve engineering issues.
- To enable students to work in the multidisciplinary teams.
Following is the list of documents, applicant should submit while applying for admission in Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Attested copy of academic certificate
- Attested copy of provisional certificates
- Duly filled and signed form
- Recently taken photos
- The university charges Rs. 700 as application fee.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
Students can hold numerous titles in engineering within a few leading companies in Nepal, once they possess Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering degree. They can pursue a vocation in diverse engineering fields from mechanical to civil, electrical and chemical engineering. Grads with this degree can work as:
- Product engineer
- Design engineer
- Structural engineer
- Senior mechanical engineer
- Construction project manager
- Chemical process engineer
- Senior chemical engineer
- Processing engineering manager
- Senior electrical engineer