Students life could be one of the most essential phases of life. Usually, candidates have all their focus directed toward career-building. However, student life also encircles the aspects of creativity during the time of leisure and relaxation. Ever wondered about the easy recipes for students to make during your leisure?
Colleges Nepal E-Magazine Poush 2075 issue covers a post for the gourmands who might want to try out new recipes to enlighten their taste buds!
INGREDIENTS (with Amazon Links)
- 1.5 Lbs. chicken cubed
- 4-5 green onions chopped
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning or 1 packet
- 4 Tbsp fresh cilantro or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. water
- juice of 1 lime or to taste
- Flour tortillas
Sauté chicken in a medium skillet in a little oil for a few minutes until chicken becomes white all around. Add green onion, taco seasoning, cilantro, and salt & pepper to chicken. Add water and simmer (covered) for an extra 8-10 minutes or so until chicken is cooked through (if the water is cooking out too fast and chicken seems dry, just add a more water a little at a time). Add lime to chicken just before serving. Add chicken to tortillas and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, avocado, cilantro, salsa, sour cream, or any other taco topping you like.
Preparation time 5 minutes, cook 10 minutes, ready in 15 minutes.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the egg, milk and brown sugar. Mix in the oats. When the oatmeal begins to boil, cook and stir until thick. Remove from the heat, and stir in butter until melted. Serve immediately.
TIBETAN CORN SOUP:
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 12 ounces firm tofu
- 1(15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups water
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Saute the onion in butter in a soup pot until brown and soft.
- Add the paprika, garlic and ginger and cook briefly.
- Add the tomato and tofu, cut into small cubes; and the water.
- Add the canned and frozen corn.
- Bring soup to a boil, and simmer for a few minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Sprinkle chopped green onion on each serving. (This might be served with a side dish of rice.)