Search for College
National School of Sciences
National School of Sciences popularly known as NIST was established in 1993, for promoting science in the field of education. It is affiliated to Higher Secondary Education Board for plus two level and Tribhuvan University for bachelor and master level. It has got highly experienced, dedicated, motivated and qualifies staff members. It is providing quality education for more than 800 students. National School of Sciences is located at Lainchour, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Besides +2 in Science and management program, this college also provides bachelors degree in Microbiology, Bio-Chemistry, Food Technology, Pharmacy, Businss Studies and CSIT. This college also provides masters degree in Microbiology and Bio-Technology and diploma degree in Pharmacy and Lab Technician. Among above courses, Bio Chemistry in Bachelor level is affiliated to Purbanchal University. Three years diploma course is affiliated to CTEVT and rest all courses are affiliated to Tribhuvan University of Bachelor and Master level.
If you want to build your future in science and is curious about science and the natural world as well as want to acquire knowledge, conceptual understanding and develop skills to solve problems and make informed decisions in scientific and another context, click and browse the link for more interesting info.
National School of Science known as NIST offers you a unique program as B.Sc Microbiology that gives an understanding of the basis of immune recognization and vaccine design and many others.For more information on academic procedure and requirements, fee structure, career opportunity and other details click the link.
Know why to join +2 management in National School of Science.Also get details on how NIST helps a student in building conceptual, analytical, communication skills and other managerial skills.
Bachelor of Business Studies
Bachelor in Business Studies(BBS) in National School of Science enhances students in taking up required attitudes and other skills that make individual capable of making yourself effective in the society.Browse the link for more information on BBS in NIST.
- Board topper, district topper and entrance topper are provided with full scholarship.
- Entrance exam toppers within top 5 ranks gets full scholarship, 6-10 ranked students gets 80 percent scholarship and 11-90 students gets scholarship as per rank order in science stream for plus two.
- NIST Genius students who are able to secured top 10 ranks within internal tests are awarded with 3 month tuition fee amount.
- Recommended students by HSEB will also be awarded by scholarship.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- National School of Sciences has well-equipped science and computer labs.
- Library is well furnished, clean and provides all the needed books. Sports ground contains basketball court, table tennis board, badminton court and football pitch.
- College tours, annual programs and industrial visits are conducted at NIST College which make students more confident and enthusiastic towards study.
- Internal assessments, seminars, guest lectures and presentation are conducted regularly. Extra classes are conducted for weak students.
- Students take part in extra curriculum competitions in sports and cultural programs.
- College cafeteria provides healthy and tasty food at reasonable prices.
- Transportation facility is also available.
- Students must secure minimum of second division marks in SLC examination for applying in plus two levels.
- Only BBS is eligible for students who passed their plus two or equivalent level with minimum of second division recognized by TU in management stream.
- All other subjects are related to students from science stream and should pass the higher secondary level with minimum of second division marks.
- Diploma level interested students should have completed SLC level with minimum of second division marks.
- Students should complete Bachelor level in micro biology and bio-tech with minimum of second division to be eligible for applying in Master level.
- An entrance test is taken by NIST college and students securing minimum pass marks are listed out. Then students are selected according to the merit list.