Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Insurance (Pokhara University)
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Insurance (BBA-BI) program in the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) of Pokhara University is estimated to be four years course which is intended to deliver proficient administrators for financial management. This program furnishes candidates with reasonable establishment and pragmatic skills in the different ranges of managing an account, fund and protection. With a Bachelor in Accounting at Pokhara University, you will be qualified to the work of financial improvement and to complete related business programs which includes educating in lawful parts of bookkeeping, business data, monetary finance, method execution in finance, core business thinking in finance, managerial finance, promoting, investigating information in finance, examination techniques in bookkeeping, morals and norms in financial practice, counseling, planning and evaluating.
Currently, 17 colleges affiliated to Pokhara University provide BBA-BI :
- Uniglobe College
- Sahid Ramnath Dahal Smriti College
- Excel Business College
- Pokhara University School of Business
- Nobel College
- Everest Engineering and Management College
- Atlantic International College
- Axis College
- Siddhartha College
- Apex College
- Kshitiz International College
- Boston International College
- Apollo International College
- Victoria International College
- Ace Institute of Management
- Nepal Western Management and Engineering College
- Nepal Tourism and Hotel Management College
The fundamental target of the Department of Finance, Banking and Insurance is to create pioneers for the business, government, and instructive groups and to help them in achieving commitments to society.
This target mainly centers:
- First and foremost, candidates are furnished with the hypothetical ideas expected to understand and find out the business issues.
- Second, the program furnishes candidates with the skill and ideas, so that they can precede their studies at master level. Also, making student eligible under the aspects of oral and written communication.
- Developing the sound knowledge under the subjects of management, finance, banking and insurance.
The candidate should have completed their secondary high school, with minimum percentage of 45, passing in all the subjects are eligible to apply.
Course of Study
- English II
- Business Mathematics I
- Introductory Microeconomics
- Fundamentals of Sociology
- General Psychology
- English II
- Business Mathematics II
- Financial Accounting I
- Principles of Management
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Business Communication
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Insurance
- Financial Accounting II
- Fundamentals of Organizational Behaviour
- Risk and Insurance Management
- Essentials of Finance
- Data Analysis and Modeling
- Basics of Managerial Accounting
- Business Research Methods
- Introduction to Management Information System
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Credit Risk Management
- Management of Human Resources
- Principles of Marketing
- Project Work
- Essentials of e-Business
- Financial Management
- Legal Aspects of Banking and Insurance
- Life and Health Insurance
- Fundamentals of Operations Management
- Property and Liability Insurance
- International Banking and Insurance
- Management of Commercial Banks
- Elective I
- Business Environment in Nepal
- Strategic Management
- Treasury Operations
- Elective II
Scope and Career Prospects
With a Bachelor's degree in banking and finance, you will be capable to step specifically into a profession in the field of managing an account and money industry. With a wide, multifaceted (having many aspects) instructions, graduates can expect positions in banks, counseling firms, money related bureaus of modern areas and insurance agencies.
As a graduate, you will have a scholarly establishment in managing an account and fund. Also, will be qualified to proceed with the Master's degree, where you will have the chance to delve deeper into themes of the banking and finance. This program offers you the opportunity to concentrate on arranging a profession custom-made to your hobbies and capacities.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.