Bachelor of Business Administration in Travel and Tourism (Pokhara University)
Since past two decades, the world is experiencing exceptional growth in the tourism industry. As it is considered as one of the largest as well as fastest growing industry, it is undoubtedly attracting many attentions and as a result, a number of students are interested in pursuing BBA-TT degree.
This program is an administration degree that introduces students to administration instruction advertising, marketing, fund, financial matters and law with particular travel and tourism industry. The BBA-TT program upgrades one's understanding of financial, social and ecological parts of tourism, etc. This course also helps to create your business learning and skills through a mix of practical, theoretical studies and useful researches.
The BBA in Travel and Tourism Management is a four-year program offered by Pokhara University. The program consists of 126 total credit hours with 2 internships along with one field work project.
Apex College is the only college in Nepal that offers a degree in Bachelor of Business Administration. The institution is located in Devkota Sadak, Kathmandu. This college gives sound scholarly and proficient information with sufficient practical and theoretical presentations.
- To give the candidate the managerial aptitudes and skills important to address the needs of the Travel and Tourism industry.
- To create candidates' basic knowledge and to enhance their diagnostic, critical thinking and choice making aptitudes.
- To give a wide understanding of the basic standards of administration related to the Travel and Tourism industry.
- To give candidate the instruments and management abilities to wind up their decision taking ability in the Travel and Tourism industry.
- To furnish candidate with the capacity to direct research and produce a superb exploration which includes the capacity to choose, characterize and center upon an issue at a proper level, to investigate the issue, to create suggestions and finalize conclusions.
To be eligible to study Bachelor of Business in Travel and Tourism one has to successfully complete their +2/intermediate level in any discipline securing minimum second division. The admission is based on the entrance test, personal interview and past academic performance given by the candidate.
Course of Study
- English I
- Business Mathematics I
- Fundamentals of Travel & Tourism
- General Psychology
- Computer and IT Applications
- English II
- Business Mathematics II
- Travel Agency Management and Operation
- Principles of Management
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Business Communication
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting I
- Hotel And Hospitality Management
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Fares and Ticketing
- Data Analysis and Modeling
- Fundamental of Organizational Behavior
- Essentials of Finance
- Financial Accounting II
- Geography and International Tourism
- Fundamentals of Sociology
- Management of Human Resources
- Legal Aspects of Business and Technology
- Introductory to Management Information System
- Tourism Products Development
- Business Research Methods
- E-Business for Tourism
- Financial Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Project Work
- Nepali Social Cultural Enviroment
- Fundamental of Entrepreneurship
- Fundamental of Operation Management
- Elective 1
- Tourism Policy,Planing and Development
- Air Cargo Operation Management
- Strategic Management
- Elective II
Scope and Career Prospects
The increase in travel and tourism commercial ventures in the nation and abroad has created diverse scopes to BBA-TT graduates. The BBA-TT program at Apex (only college in Nepal which provides BBA-TT) gives grades chance to join at entry & middle-level administration in any travel organizations, aerial shuttles, lodgings and unified commercial ventures. Likewise, the program gives strong conceptual & expert skills to grads to pursue an independent occupation.
A travel and tourism degree equips students with communication and business management skills and offers vocational training, broadening grads job prospects. An individual with this degree can work as
- Travel agency manager
- Tourist information center manager
- Tourism officer
- Tour manager
- Holiday representative
- Lodging manager
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.