Bachelor of Computer Application (Pokhara University)
Academic programs related to Computer Application has become one of the most popular disciplines among the students, as it has a wide scope in today's world where technologies are changing in a blink of an eye. And Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) program has been quenching their thirst of earning a highly regarded degree in this field. As suggested by its name, this degree deals with designing, building and managing computer applications. The program provides the student with the understanding of software engineering and its practical application.
A four years technical academic discipline, BCA offered by the Pokhara University is an integration of information technology with management and business. The program is designed to enhance students' business & managerial skills and problem analyzing & solving techniques. The curriculum of this program is divided into eight semesters. To complete the degree successfully, students have to cover subjects like English, Mathematics, Programming Logic and Techniques, Digital System, Computer Application, Business Communication, Programming Language, Electronics, Visual Programming, Multimedia Technology, Network & Data Communication and Multimedia Technology among others. Students have the option to choose elective subjects like Project Management, Sales Management, International Marketing, International Business, Data Mining and Warehousing etc.
College affiliated with Pokhara University offering Bachelor of Computer Application degree:
There are six colleges affiliated with Pokhara University that are offering BCA program in Nepal:
- Rapti Engineering College, located in Sital Nagar Dang
- National Academy of Science and Technology, located in Dhangadi, kailai
- Lumbini Engineering, Management and Science College, located in Bhalwari, Butwal Rupandehi
- Oxford College of Engineering and Management, Gaidakot, Nawalparasi
- Crimson College of Technology, located in Devinagar, Rupandehi
- LA Grande International College, located in Simalchaur, Pokhara, Kaski
The main goal of this program is to provide both theoretical and practical skills to the students. Additionally, this program helps pupils to understand computer system, computer application and data analyzing. Some of the major objectives of this program are mentioned below:
- To produce efficient professionals in the field of computer application.
- To enhance student's ability to identify, evaluate and solve the technical issues.
- To encourage life-long learning and adapt to the ever-changing technologies.
Students interested in pursuing Bachelor of Computer Application should have passed +2 or intermediate level in any stream from the board or universities recognized by the Pokhara University. They should submit their academic certificates and accurately filled form, while applying for the admission.
Course of Study
- Mathematics I
- Digital Systems
- Computer Fundamentals and Application
- Programming Logic and Techniques
- Business Communication
- Mathematics II
- Financial Accounting I
- Programming Language
- Fundamentals of Electrical and Electronics
- Project I
- Object Oriented Programming
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Financial Accounting II
- System Analysis and Design
- Numerical Methods
- Visual Programming
- Database Management System
- Computer Graphics
- Operating System
- Project II
- Computer Architecture
- Network and Data Communication
- Web Technology I
- Java programming
- Management Inforamtion System
- Software Engineering
- Web Technology II
- Multimedia Technology
- Project III
- Electronic Commerce
- Elective I
- Organization & Management
- Elective II
- Project IV
Scope and Career Prospects
As computer technology is dominating this era and a number of organizations and companies highly depend on new technologies, they need educated and skilled professionals who are able to fix the computer application related problem. Thus, grads with this degree will find job opportunities without any problem. They can find job in both private sectors and government departments. Software companies are the prime recruiters of this degree holder. Additionally, grads can work as a software engineer, project manager, system administrator, system security officer and so on.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.