Bachelor of Computer Information System (Pokhara University)
Bachelor of Computer Information System (BCIS) is a four-year academic program. The main purpose of this course offered by Pokhara University is to present both theoretical foundation and handy learning in computer data system and IT. BCIS has been introduced to offer the candidates a chance to gain the essential ideas and employment arranged learning in machines with the principle, instruments and methods of current administration.
Pokhara University affiliated colleges that offer Bachelor in Computer Information Systems:
- Nobel College in Sinamangal Rd, Kathmandu
- Apex College in Devkota Sadak, Kathmandu
- Crimson College of Computer Technology in Devi Nagar, Butwal
The goal of the program is to produce grads that are capable of developing, assessing & maintaining scientific business computing systems. It as well focuses on creating graduates who are able to continue ethical practice and learning in computing.
- Learn latest technology and trends and adapt to the newest software and systems.
- Work in an ethically and professionally responsible manner.
- Decode intricate computational issues using suitable techniques, models & abstractions.
- Work effectively and efficiently as a team to develop suitable computer-based systems.
- A comprehension of processes that uphold the management and delivery of information systems in a particular application environment.
- A capability of using new tools, skills and techniques require for computing practice.
- Identify the necessity for and a capability to engage in ongoing professional development.
- An insight into the legal, ethical, security, social & professional problems and responsibilities.
- An ability to identify a problem along with analyzing and defining the computing necessities suitable to its solution.
- An ability to work as a team to achieve a common goal.
Applicant should have passed intermediate or equivalent in Science to be eligible to apply for this course. They must have acquired second division.
Course of Study
- English I
- Mathematics I
- General Psychology
- Introductory Microeconomics
- Principles of Management
- Programming Language
- English II
- Mathematics II
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Digital Systems
- Object Oriented Language (Java)
- Business Statistics
- Numerical Methods
- System Analysis and Design
- Fundamental of Sociology
- Computer Architecture and Microprocessor
- Data Analysis and Modeling
- Financial Accounting II
- Database Management System
- Fundamental of Organizational Behavior
- Internet Technology (Web Programming)
- Minor Project I
- Essential of Finance
- Operating System
- Data Communication and Networks
- Mobile Computing (Programming)
- Management of Human Resources
- Legal Aspects of Business and Technology
- Fundamentals of Operations Management
- Electronic Commerce (Programming)
- Computer Graphics and Image Processing
- Principles of Marketing
- Minor Project II
- Business Research Methods
- Information System Security
- IT Project Management
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Strategic Management
- Digital Economy
- Major Project
Scope and Career Prospects
Since, computer information system/frameworks have been the necessary part, in different organizations and associations, people with expertise in this field will have the great scope for their career or job opportunity. Candidates will have a great chance to have senior-level positions after they have picked up sufficient measures of experience.
A number of organizations/firms nowadays extremely depend on the design management and implementation of information technology and as a BCIS grad, an individual will possess aptitude and skills for an array of roles and sectors. Graduates, after this program, will be fit for the following positions:
- System chairman
- System examiner
- Programming engineer
- Business expert
- Web developer
- UX analyst
- System developer
- IT technical support officer
- IT consultant
- Information systems manager
- Database administer
- Actuarial analyst