Master of Computer Engineering (Pokhara University)
About M.Sc. Computer Engineering
Computer Engineering is the innovative application of engineering which helps to understand the advancement of hardware and programming concepts. The M.Sc. in Computer Engineering includes the configuration, advancement, testing, and assessment of components and computer systems. These projects commonly emphasize research and help candidates to enhance computer productivity. Through lecture based courses and active machine lab sessions, students explore the nature of equipment and programming.
What courses does this degree include?
Master of Computer Engineering program offered by the Pokhara University can be completed in two years. Students are ought to complete sixty credits by the end of four semesters. Students wishing to pursue Masters of Computer Engineering are taught subjects related to software application development, IT, hardware and network. There are various courses inside the system that students have to undergo such as advanced programming concepts, advanced database techniques, data structure and algorithms, processing and calculations, parallel and distributed computing, courses on programming languages principles, graphics, Human-machine communication, Data or information mining, artificial intelligence, computer architecture, computer-aided design.
Students figure out how to give advanced answers for issues over a variety of engineering based problems. After this program, students will be able to:
- Show the abilities to outline, create, access and work under the computer based programs for the arrangement of issues in an effective, safe, and naturally worthy way.
- Exhibit planning for inventive and proficient development of computer based solutions.
- Work adequately in gatherings to fulfill assigned assignments and goals identified with computer engineering.
- Adapt to promptly advancing technology and be prepare for the future challenges.
In order to get enrolled in the Master of Computer Engineering program, an applicant must have BE degree (with 2nd division or 2.0 CGPA from the universities or colleges recognized by PU).
Course of Study
- Discrete Structure
- Ethical and Professional Issues in IT
- Software Project Management
- Distributed Database
- Organization Behavior and Human Resource management
- Operation Research
- Visual Programming
- Project Work
- Image Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Real Time System
- Directed Studies
- Data Mining and Data Warehousing
- Seminar & Presentations
Scope and Career Prospects
Master of Computer Engineering degree can lead a graduate to diverse positions. One can be a systems software developer or a hardware engineer, Networking Engineer, etc. In Nepal, computer engineers can find a job in Public Service Commission (Lok Sewa Aayog), Nepal Telecom and Nepal Electricity Authority. They can as well work for:
- Computer Engineers work for computer organizations and in commercial industries that construct or utilize computer based frameworks, for example, information transfers, automotive, aviation, and so on.
- Computer engineers additionally land positions as software engineers for an IT company.
- Computer Engineers will have programming knowledge too, they can start their own software company or work in a group to develop new techniques and ideas for the development of computer world.
- Most of the computing graduates who are interested in teaching can even join colleges for teaching purpose.
An individual with this degree has the option to work in various fields, including:
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Support Specialists
- Computer Scientist
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Hardware Engineers
- Computer-Control Programmers and Operators
- Computer and information Systems Managers