Master of Health Care Management (Pokhara University)
The Master of Health Care Management is a graduate project which serves people to be profoundly successful directors and pioneers in the health awareness industry. MHCM course is intended to address the needs of expert and advanced level administration practices which is needed for social insurance, health care as well as non-health care services.
It is a mix of advanced level hypotheses and practices. It gives a more extensive view of well being and particular learning of management hypothesis in medicinal management and services.
This course is principally proposed for those applicants who are already in medical field and are looking for further development in study as well as career by expanding and developing their administration and initiative skills set.
Pokhara University offers a master's degree in the field of Health care called Master of Health Care Management. BHCM is a 4 years course divided into eight semesters.
Some of the main objectives of this program are listed below:
- To produce innovative and productive graduates with some excellent business skills in the field of health care environment.
- To learn result driven procedures, strategies, and analytical approaches for the purpose of measuring quality of health care ecosystem.
- To provide in-depth knowledge in the field of health care regarding ethical, political, strategic and cultural dimensions.
- To provide theoretical as well as practical knowledge and skills necessary to apply in professional life for better career opportunities.
- To develop the confidence and judgment quality in the student to figure out the issues in the health care industry.
- To provide health education regarding observing, prevention and treatment of irresistible infections. There will, likewise, be a lab based courses that will empower candidates to acquire new lab abilities and perform experiments on a topic that is significant to contemporary health awareness.
- To furnish with the information to focus at the right approach and fitting instruments for medicinal services diseases which helps gaining capabilities like management and transaction aptitudes.
- To train students to concentrate on patient requests and needs.
To apply for master's degree in Health Care Management affiliated by Pokhara University, student must hold:
- Bachelor Degree in Health Care Management or PGDHCM or any Doctors (MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPT, Homeopathy and Naturopathy)
- The applicant must appear in an entrance examination set by Pokhara University. Qualifying students will be called for interview or group discussion.
Course of Study
- Health Economics
- Health Planning & Management
- Recent Development in Health Care
- Research Methodology
- Strategic Healthcare Management
- Population Dynamic
- Clinical Service Management
- HRD in Health Care Organization
- Health Environment & Development
- Health Program Management
- IT in Health Care
- Quality Management in Health Care
- Health Care Marketing
- Health Care Evaluation
- Health Care Practicum
Scope and Career Prospects
Health care industry is the most critical and evolved field all around the world. Health care is changing its face more promptly that other utmost field. Most part of the world is available with righteous health care and recent medicines. So far, health care management has been improving inside and outside Nepal very well.
Health care management definitely requires some qualified and talented manpower to manage the changing and improving scenario of the industry. With growing job opportunities, the number of people pursuing career in Health care management has increased. Not only due to growing diversity of the health care industry, but also the strong will to contribute in this field has pulled a huge number of students in this program.
Master in Health Care Management prepares students to solve numerous complex issues confronting the medicinal services sector. As the program is associated with management system, Master of Health Care Management can find job opportunities in following areas:
- Nursing homes
- Healthcare associations
- Public health departments
- Universities and research institutions
- Rehabilitation centers
- Consulting firms
- Health insurance organizations
- Physician practices
- Mental health organizations
- Skilled nursing facilities