M.Phil. English - Master of Philosophy in English (Pokhara University)
Pokhara University has been offering the Master of Philosophy in English (MPhil English) course since 2001. It is an eighteen months course offered by the Institute of Advanced Communication, Education and Research (IACER) under the affiliation of Pokhara University.
This is the first MPhil in English program in Nepal. This program includes instructional and knowledge based course such as art and literature, cultural studies, literature of conflict and resistance, communication and media, etc. These courses help students to explore their interests and see prospects to improve and strengthen practical and theoretical skills.
The objectives of pursuing this course are as follows:
- To produce some brilliant scholars with excellent philosophical and theoretical knowledge in English dialect.
- Students can gain philosophical and hypothetical information on English.
- As the students will study courses like philosophy, international relations, ethnic and identity studies, and cultural studies, the primary purpose of this program is to educate students with core English for the advancement and social building of worldwide English.
- To intensify the research skill of the students by providing them theoretical and aesthetic knowledge required to boost the professional career.
- To equip students with an ability to understand and tackle extreme situations in the field.
- To make students conscious about the traditional and in vogue issues in entities like globalization, gender relations, conflict transformations, and sociopolitical environment.
To pursue Mphil, the student requires a Master's degree which can be of any field. Notice for confirmation is openly announced. Applicants are required to take the entrance exam set by Pokhara University. The college also provides scholarship to deserving candidates.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
A Master's degree in this course opens various doors of opportunities. We can see its scope in various fields such as business, advertising, counseling, government work, etc. Some of the fields to find career opportunities are listed below:
- Government authorities
- Legislative Branch
- Local and International Business
- Media and Journalism
- Expert and Researcher
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.