About the Program
Bachelor of Civil Engineering is one of the most important disciplines of Institute of Engineering also known as Pulchowk campus. Civil Engineering department is the largest department of Pulchowk campus. Four year BE Civil program in Pulchowk campus was introduced in 1984 AD (2041 BS) for promoting the technical education and producing highly efficient civil engineers in the country. Civil Engineering is the first 'four year' engineering program of Pulchowk campus. Other engineering was introduced later on when the civil engineering got good response and need of the extension of engineering was felt. Civil engineering is one of the most revered fields in the engineering and it is the first choice of many students.
Fee structure of BE Civil engineering in Pulchowk Campus:
For regular students:Rs. 8, 283.5 for each semester.
For full paying: Rs. 75, 657.5 for each semester
For foreigners: Rs. 2, 23, 430 for each semester
Civil engineering features: In Pulchowk campus, civil engineering is of F block Civil engineering is one of the sophisticated departments of Pulchowk campus in terms of Physical facilities and laboratories. The department of civil engineering consists of following laboratories:
- Structure Laboratory
- Heavy Lab (Hydro Lab)
- Geo technical & Transportation laboratory
- Civil engineering materials, concrete, masonry & RCC Laboratory
- Surveying instruments
- Water Supply/ Environmental engineering Laboratory
Admission Process in Pulchowk Campus:
Students who have passed plus two level or A level or diploma level with major physics, chemistry and 200 marks mathematics is eligible for entrance exam of civil engineering. Students should also get at least 45% marks in aggregate in plus two level along with above criteria.
In Pulchowk Campus, the BE civil engineering department takes 108 in regular category (Scholarship) and 84 as full paying category.
BE Entrance exam:
- The single entrance exam is taken for all categories.
- Subjects to be studied: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Engineering Aptitude.
- Total marks: 140 marks, English: 22 marks, Chemistry: 20 marks, Mathematics: 40 marks, Physics: 40 marks, Engineering Aptitude: 18 marks
- Time 2 hours, multiple choice objective questions
- Computer based entrance exam
- 10% Negative marking for each wrong answer
- Merit list is published after the entrance exam.
- Students have to get good rank for studying civil engineering.
- Since civil engineering is the choice of many, the higher the rank the better it is.