About the Program
BE electrical is a four year course. The four year course of BE electrical in Pulchowk campus was introduced in 1994 with the aid of World Bank, Swiss Association for Development and Corporation (SDC), Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). It's not anyone's cup of tea to study BE electrical in Pulchowk campus, the students should pass the entrance exam within the given intake capacity of Pulchowk campus. Entrance is very tough and competitive so students put hard labor and devotion for it. BE electrical engineers are providing their service in the electrical system design, various research and consultancy works for different residential and commercial building and workplace. BE electrical engineers are very important for the Nepalese context as electricity and electrical appliances are perquisites of the development and technical people like engineers dealing with such works are needed in every steps.
The electrical engineering of Pulchowk campus has sophisticated laboratories compared to other campuses in the country. The advance laboratories are helping the engineers to conduct experiments, research, training and manufacturing activities. Some of the physical facilities that BE electrical pulchowk campus have are:
- Circuit Laboratory
- Repair and maintenance workshop
- Instillation workshop
- Computer laboratories and networking facilities
- Instrumentation and Control Laboratory
- Switchgear and Hydropower Laboratory
- Power electronics and machines Laboratory
Not only physical facilities, there are various training works that students can get in electrical engineering of Pulchowk campus. As per the official website of pulchowk campus, following trainings are provided to the students:
- Electricity system design for commercial complexes and industries.
- Electrical power distribution, planning, design and operating performance analysis and improvements.
- Power station and sub-station design.
- Transmission system design.
- ELC & ICG for micro/small hydro power plants.
- Micro/small hydro planning and design.
- Environmental impact assessment analysis for power generation, transmission and distribution network.
- Feasibility and detail study of electrical power system.
- Energy management and auditing.
- Earth resistance test and measurement of earth's resistivity.
- Rural electrification design.
- Earthing and lighting protection system design.
- Transformers and induction motor designs.
- Switchgear design and installation.
- Short- term and long- term training courses in electrical engineering.
- Refresher courses for employees in power sectors and industries.
- Workshop and seminars in various fields of electrical engineering.
- Miscellaneous electrical maintenance work.
- Computer software and hardware training.
He/ She should pass with at least 45% marks in aggregate in plus two levels or A level or diploma level with major physics, chemistry and 200 marks mathematics for getting admission in BE electrical.
In regular category and full fee category, 24 students+ 24 students (48 students) are selected in BE electrical in Pulchwok Campus.
Fee structure of BE Electrical engineering in Pulchowk Campus:
For regular students: Rs. 8, 283.5 for each semester.
For full paying: Rs. 75, 657.5 for each semester
For foreigners: Rs. 2, 23, 430 for each semester
Total marks : 140 marks
Subjects and total weights of the subjects:
- English: 22 marks, Chemistry: 20 marks, Mathematics: 40 marks, Physics: 40 marks, Engineering Aptitude: 18 marks
- 2 hours exam computer based entrance exam with 10% Negative marking for each wrong answer
- Multiple choice objective question
- Merit list is published after the entrance exam and students are selected according to merit list.