About the Program
BE Mechanical is a four year program of Pulchowk campus. Like civil engineering, the mechanical engineering also comes at the first priority of the students. Mechanical engineering has very huge scope throughout the world so it comes out to be the preference of many students. BE mechanical engineering in Pulchowk campus was started from 1995 AD. BE mechanical engineering need heavy equipments and advanced laboratories, only few campuses manages to provide this subjects in Nepal. There is huge competition among students for pursuing mechanical engineering in Pulchowk campus. Getting admission in Pulchowk campus is itself very herculean task, and making mechanical engineering as your study field needs lot of hard work and extensive preparation. Students should pass very tough entrance exam. Students of the mechanical engineering have been known for their creativeness and ground breaking inventions. Students participate in various competitions like robotics and have won various national and international competitions for the country. The mechanical engineering department of Pulchowk campus lies in D block since 1998.
Features of Pulchowk Campus, Mechnaical Engineering:
Workshop and laboratories: The mechanical engineering department of Pulchowk campus has advance workshops and laboratories. The departments consist of many modern types of equipment and technologies like:
- Fluid Mechanics
- Fluid Machines
- Heat Engines
- Heat Transfer
- Instrumentation and Control
- Mechanisms & Machine Dynamics
- Pollution Control
- Renewable Energy
- Strength of Materials
- Mechanics of Solids laboratories
- Twenty four hour internet connection
This resource of mechanical engineering department of pulchowk campus is helping the students for getting very practical education and has also become the main foundation for the technological development of the country.
RTC works of mechanical engineering:
Many RTC works are performed that ranges from accurately measuring the works of motors, pump, turbines etc. to study and analysis of air pollution to renewable energy, from solar panel setup to performance testing of heat pump system, etc . These kinds of work can be helpful for bringing the technological breakthrough in the country and help to solve the day to day problem.
- Bench Tools
- Engine lathe
- Milling Machines
- Grinding Machines
- Sheet Metal works
- Electric Arc Welding
- Gas Welding
These equipments are used for experiments and research works.
BE Mechanical Entrance exam:
- The single entrance exam is taken for all categories by IOE.
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Engineering Aptitude are the subjects.
- Total marks: 140 marks, English: 22 marks, Chemistry: 20 marks, Mathematics: 40 marks, Physics: 40 marks, Engineering Aptitude: 18 marks
- Time 2 hours exam with Multiple choice objective questions
- Computer based entrance exam with 10% Negative marking for each wrong answer.
- Merit list is published after the entrance exam.
- Students have to get good rank for studying mechanical engineering because it is the choice of many; the higher the rank the better it is and also the seats are very few, rank should be in few hundreds.
It needs very sophisticated technology, tools, equipments and laboratories for Mechanical engineering which is very challenging and economical for colleges of Nepal. So, only handful of students is selected for mechanical engineering in Pulchowk campus. In regular category and full fee category, 24 students+ 24 students (48 students) are selected.
Fee structure of BE Mechanical engineering in Pulchowk Campus:
For regular students:Rs. 8, 283.5 for each semester.
For full paying: Rs. 75, 657.5 for each semester
For foreigners: Rs. 2, 23, 430 for each semester