Bachelor of Arts (Purbanchal University)
Bachelors of Arts is an undergraduate course which takes three or four years to complete depending on the country. Purbanchal University offers a Bachelor's degree in Bachelor of Arts program which is a 3 years course. This course falls under the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. This course is designated to help the students enhance intangible and hypothetical understandings and methodologies of particular subjects.
Students will be able to use their theoretical knowledge and practical skills to pursue their career in any profession as consultant, community development officer, human right activist, University lecturer, journalist, administrator, banker, trade unionist, company executive, political leader, teacher, employee at organizations like NGO, INGO and other Governmental Organization services.
Students can also specialize in this program in fields like Philosophy, English and Linguistics, Sociology, Religious Studies, Economics, History, etc. Moreover, the foundation of the course enables the students to pursue higher study Master's Degree in any university of the world.
The main objectives of Bachelors of Arts program are as follows:
- To provide the students with an unresolved solution and education in social sciences, humanities and languages as well as understating of selected fields of study.
- To provide students with firm academic foundation who wish to continue to study in abroad.
- Entree and appreciate national and international arguments in dedicated areas of education.
- To provide students with wide knowledge in the course of humanities and social sciences to get exposed to numerous employment opportunities.
- To sharpen social analytical skill that makes them capable of participating in social programs and communicates people of all fields.
- This course helps to be proficient in the use of appropriate modern technologies, such as computer and other information technology systems. Thus, helps to qualify for employment in a wide range or occupations.
- To train the students with teaching ability, field research and handle social issues of public and private enterprises.
The desired student must have completed the intermediate/proficiency or any equivalent level in Humanities,Sciences or Management Stream from any recognized institution. The applicant must appear and pass the written entrance examination conducted by the Purbanchal University. Qualifying student will be called for a personal or group interview. The selection of the students will be based mainly on academic qualifications and written test.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
Bachelor of Arts graduate are trained to face the social issues of the country. They are prepared with ideas required for today's changing world as they are taught communication skills, problem solving attitude, teamwork strategies and critical thinking which are the most acquired factors that a modern employee must possess in this field. The scope of this field is great inside and outside Nepal as one can find its job destination in following areas:
- Community sectors
- Creative Arts Administration
- Software Development
- Government and Non-Government organizations
- Corporate Management
If the graduate is strongly leaned towards welfare of the community, society or country, then there are many national and international welfare organizations, UNICEF, Foundations, NGOs and INGOs where he can start a career.