Bachelor of Computer Application (Purbanchal University)
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a four year, 8 semester program of Purbanchal University. The main objective of the program is to develop efficiency and competency students in problem analysis and solving skills, business development techniques and software design and development. The course envisions producing software developer having sound knowledge and ideas in developing well made, safer and multi beneficial computer based solution to varieties of business problems. Through this course, the aspirants will be able to work in the field of internet and intranet application development and design, analysis of the system, object oriented programming, database design and maintenance, testing and quality assurance, etc.
Some of the colleges offering BCA in Purbanchal University are as follows:
- Purbanchal University School of Engineering and Technology,Morang, Koshi
- College of Information Technology and Engineering, Tinkune, Kathmandu
- Kantipur City College, Putalisadak, Kathmandu
- Gomendra Higher Secondary School and College, Jhapa, Mechi
- National Infotech College, Birgunj, Parsa
- Aryan School of Engineering, Baneshwor, Kathmandu
The fee for pursuing BCA in Purbanchal University School of Engineering and Technology for full paid students is Rs. 2, 15,800. The fee structure may be different in private colleges and for knowing it, one can contact the college concerned.
The main objectives of this course are as follows:
- To impart skill development training to students for creating genuine solutions of the problems associated to information systems of corporate houses, governmental and nongovernmental organizations, financial houses, and many other institutions.
- To provide students knowledge regarding the various tools, notion and technical ideas underlying the software development.
- To make students fully prepared and well acquainted in working in this continuously evolving and challenging field of computer science.
- To develop students ability to work individually and as a group with sound communication and interrogative skills.
- To provide strong base for students who are willing to continue higher study in the fields like MIT, MS Computer Science, etc.
Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent in any streams from Purbanchal University or board/ Institutions/ University recognized by Purbanchal University with at least 45% marks in aggregate.
- Students should appear in entrance exam and pass the exam.
- The merit is published after the entrance exam.
- Some colleges may take interview.
Course of Study
- Technical English
- Modern Business Practices
- Computer System Concepts
- Computer Programming
- Computer Project-I
- Financial Accounting
- Digital Logic
- Microprocessor & Assembly language
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Computer Project-II
- Computer Architecture
- Data Structure & Algorithms
- System Analysis & Design
- User Interface Design
- Computer Project-III
- Technology & Operations Management
- Numerical Methods
- Operating System
- Computer Network
- Database Management System
- Computer Project-IV
- Probability & Statistics
- Object-Oriented Analysis & Design
- Software Engineering
- Computer Graphics
- Web Technology
- Computer Project-V
- Research Methodology
- Management Information System
- Network Programming
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Project-VI
- Software Project Management
- Electronic Commerce
- Advanced Object-Oriented Programming
- Multimedia Application
- Dot Net Programming
- Apprentice Project
Scope and Career Prospects
Computer science is the field which is growing at faster pace inventing newer techniques and tools and revolutionizing the virtual world. There is probably any field where computer and its application do not come into play. Computer programs and its application has become the way of life and has become the important driving force of human development. You can sit in a room and influencing the millions of life across the globe, this is the power of computer application. There are numerous IT companies where graduates can work in various positions. There is high demand of application developer nationally and internationally. The aspirants can work in large corporate houses, industries, service sector, government departments, nongovernmental organizations, etc and many other institutions in multi varied positions as per their qualification in the field of information management. BCA graduates are capable of software development, system management, analysis and design, project management and database management. The graduates can work as Computer and Information Systems Managers, Computer-Control Programmers and Operators, Computer programmer, Computer Systems Analysts, Network and Computer Systems Administrators, etc. Not only this, graduates are highly valued and they can easily get job in advanced countries.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.