Bachelor of Engineering in Computer (Purbanchal University)
The four years Bachelor of Engineering in Computer offered by Purbanchal University incorporates the study of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science. The program mainly focuses on the application & design of computer software and computer hardware. It provides students with a solid theoretical foundation and practical exposures that help them to solve the real world issues, integrating ideas from engineering.
The program comprises of eight semesters and 143 credit hours. Engineering Mathematics, Computer Concepts, Physics, Electrical Drawing, Workshop Technology, Communicative English, Computer Programming, Applied Mathematics. Chemistry, Electro-Engineering Material and Digital Electronics are some of the subjects students should study under this program. This curriculum is composed to equip students with advanced knowledge and skills, essential to interact/work with latest technologies.
Colleges affiliated with Purbanchal University offering Bachelor of Engineering in Computer:
- Acme Engineering College, located in Sitapaila, Kathmandu
- College of Information Technology and Engineering, located in Subhidhanagar, Kathmandu
- Kantipur City College, located in Putalisadak, Kathmandu
- Khwopa Engineering College, Located in Bhaktapur
- White House Institute of Science and Technology, located in Khumaltar, Lalitpur
- Asian institute of Technology and Management (AITM), located in Khumaltar, Lalitpur
The educational goal of Bachelor of Engineering in Computer is to produce grads who are prepared to:
- Be efficient to work according to the desire of employers
- Pursue post graduate education if they wish
- Take leadership roles and also work in a team
Students who complete this program are expected to be able to:
- Use tools, techniques and skill of contemporary engineering practice.
- Pursue lifelong learning.
- Adapt to the ever-changing technologies.
- Perform as a team.
- Recognize, formulate & resolve technical issues.
- Integrate engineering ideas to solve the contemporary issues related to hardware and software systems.
- Exhibit entrepreneurial skills.
Applicant should have passed Diploma in Engineering or intermediate of science with no less than forty-five percent & hundred marks Mathematics paper from the university recognized by Purbanchal University. They have to pass an entrance examination conducted by the university.
- Applicant should submit two passport size recent photographs
- Verified copy of academic certificate
- Verified copy of character certificate issued by the academic institution attended
- Complete and signed application form
Course of Study
- Communicative English
- Computer Programming
- Elements andDevices of Computing Technology
- Engineering Drawing
- Workshop Technology
- Applied Mechanics
- Digital Logic
- Electrical Engineering
- Object Oriented Programming
- Computer organization And Design
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Data Structure And Algorithm
- Information Sytem Design
- Applied Sociology
- Communication System
- Discrete Structure
- Free And Open Source Programming
- Database Management System
- Algorithm Analysis & Design
- Computer Graphics
- Numerical Methods
- Operating System
- Research Methodology
- Probability & Statistics
- Computer Networks
- Engineering Economics
- Theory of Computation
- Multimedia Technology
- Project And Organization Management
- Artificial Intellegence
- Software Engineering
- Simulation And Modeling
- Project (Mini)
- Engineering Professional Practice
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Data Mining And Data Warehousing
- Final Year Project
Scope and Career Prospects
Today, most of the students are interested in earning computer degree as it has a wide range of employment opportunity. Career in computer engineering is both respectful and rewarding. After successful completion of this program, graduates can enroll in various national and international institutions, business companies, software companies, network ISPs etc. An individual with this degree have the option to work as application developer, project manager. Software tester and software engineer.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.