Bachelor of Interior Design (Purbanchal University)
The art of designing the interior decoration of a room or building is interior designing. However, it is not limited to decorating a room; it is a combination of sustainability and practicality that leaves a long-lasting impression. And the major aim of the Bachelor of Interior Design program is to equip students with an in-depth theoretical knowledge along with technical and practical skills required to understand and satisfy clients' need and make a thriving career in this field.
Bachelor of Interior Design (BID), a three years academic program offered by the Purbanchal University, gives the comprehensive understanding of every aspect of designing from balance to emphasis, proportion, and movement. It offers a balanced range of theoretical, experimental, communication, intellectual along with other skills required to function efficiently & effectively in the professional life. The distinctive program is technically driven and emphasis on architecture and interior design through project-based learning. It covers courses like Furniture Design, History of Interior, Interior Design Modeling, Visual Arts, Photography, Lighting & Acoustics, Colour, Interior Landscaping and Costing and Estimating.
Kantipur Hotel Management & Interior Design College affiliated with Purbanchal University offers the Bachelor of Interior Design program. It is located in New Baneshwor, Kathmandu.
Some of the objectives of this program are listed below:
- To provide students with skills and aptitudes necessary for data assortment, design, estimation and analysis of interior design projects.
- To prepare students for life-long learning.
- To enhance student's critical thinking and teamwork quality needed to function effectively in multi-professional groups.
- To enable graduates to communicate, understand and serve the needs of the client.
Students willing to pursue Bachelor of Interior Design program should have completed +2 level in any discipline from board/university recognized by the Purbanchal University. Students must have secured second division. They should appear in the entrance test conducted by the university and attend the group discussion and face the interview.
- Applicant should submit verified copy of academic certificates
- Applicant should submit character certificates issued by the school and college last attended
- Applicant should submit 2 recent passport size photographs
Course of Study
- Graphic & Drafting-I
- Visual Arts
- Interior Design Modeling
- History of Interior-I
- Graphic & Drafting-II
- Sculpture and Anthropometric
- Building Material- I
- Furniture Design
- Lighting and Acoustics
- Building Material-II
- Building Construction-I
- Interior Design Studio-II
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Building Construction- II
- Water Supply/ Sanitary
- Electrical /HVAC
- Internship/ Practicum
- Report Preparations of Internship Practicum
- VIVA Voce of Internship/ Practicum
- Interior Design Studio-III
- Climatology and Thermal Aspect
- History Of Interior –II
- Interior Design Studio-I
- Interior Landscaping
- Costing and Estimating
- Interior Design Studio-IV
Scope and Career Prospects
With each passing days, people and firms are realizing the need of interior design which has increased the demand for skilled and educated interior designers. Since Interior designing is all about being artistic, imaginative and creative, grads with this degree can expect to work with architectural and design firms to develop designs that are striking, functional and safe. Additionally, grads with this degree can find employment opportunities in various sectors from public to private, residential, administrative, and corporate sectors and much more. Engineering firms, construction firms, interior expert and building developing firms are some of the major recruiters of this degree holder. Graduates with BID degree can work as:
- Textile designer
- Theater designer
- Event designer
- Interior designer
- Furniture designer
- Marketing specialist
- Exhibition designer
Â© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.