B.Sc. Bio-chemistry (Purbanchal University)
Bachelor of Science and Biochemistry is a study of the formation and function of molecules and their coaction to create the phenomenon of life. It mostly focuses at the process of translating this coaction into basic metabolism, energy transduction, defense and physical reaction for purpose of development & growth.
Bachelor of Science in Bio-Chemistry program offered by the Purbanchal University is a four year course that is further divided into eight semesters. In order to complete this program successfully, students need to complete 124 credit hours of full time study. The program offered at this university look forward to equip their students with theoretical knowledge and practical training in the subjects like Pure & Applied Field of Bio-chemistry with solid foundation in Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Human Anatomy and Physiology and Clinical Micro-biology.
National Model College for Advanced Learning is the only college affiliated with Purbanchal University that offers Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry program in Nepal. The institution is located in Khusibu, Nayabazar, Kathmandu.
The major purpose of this degree is to prepare grads for technical and scientific roles in the related field, like biomedical research institutes. Upon completion of this program, students are expected to:
- Have obtained theoretical & practical skills in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and biomedical Science that enable them to initiate vocation as a resourceful manpower.
- Have gained intensive knowledge in the related field so that they can pursue higher studies.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
A Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry opens door for a wide range of employment opportunities in areas as diverse as the medical industry, the chemical industry, the pharmaceutical industry, cosmetics and environmental analysis to name a few. Additionally, they will have an array of career options including quality control, pure & applied research, and work in analytical laboratories and product development. Grads can work in libraries & scientific publishing organizations as well. Some of the prime recruiters of this degree holder include:
- Bank and finance companies
- District health boards
- Biotechnology companies
- Secondary and tertiary educational institutions
- Wineries, food, breweries and animal feedstuff industries
- Industrial based research institutes
With this degree, grads can initiate their career as:
- Scientific laboratory technician
- Research scientist(life sciences)
- Physician associate
- Forensic scientist
- Clinical research associate
- Healthcare scientist, clinical biochemistry
- Biomedical scientist
- Analytical chemist
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.