Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology (Purbanchal University)
Purbanchal University offers a bachelor's degree in Biotechnology course which falls under the faculty of Science and Technology. It is a four years course divided into eight semesters. This course provides adequate knowledge in various fields of biotechnology enabling the students to pursue further education in relevant areas to develop professionalism.
Biotechnology is often regarded as the key to all the technologies in industries as it is the most important part of the modern science and technology. This course gives brief information on the improvement of crops, production of foodstuffs such as milk, curd, ghee, eggs, meats, butter and other dairy products, and products produced by plants and animals.
The colleges offering this course are listed below:
- SANN International College
- White House Institute of Science and Technology
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- To produce graduates with a thorough knowledge of multidisciplinary education in biotechnology and its core subjects.
- To be able to locate, manage and use scientific information effectively.
- To learn to solve scientific problems effectively arising in the industries and communities.
- To help in the development of recombination DNA that is used as the tool for the manufacturer of human insulin for diabetic patients.
- To help the students to produce variety of crops and animal breeds with entirely new and highly useful characteristics with the help of Biotechnology.
- To modify human health, human environment and improve the lifestyle of humans.
- To lead students to employment opportunities in industry and government.
- To provide a strong foundation to pursue postgraduate studies in any of the core disciplines covered in the course.
Candidates who have successfully completed their I SC or 10+2 (Science faculty) with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate or in PCM or PCB from a renowned institution recognized by Purbanchal University can apply for his course.
Course of Study
- Computer foundation
- Communicative English
- Electrical Engineering
- Organic Chemistry-I
- Computer Programming
- Statistics & Probability
- Chemical Engineering
- Organic Chemistry-II
- Aanimal & Plant Physics
- Molecular Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Biophysics & Bioinsinstrumentation
- Genetic engineering
- Cell & Tissue Culture
- Microbial Processing Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Enzymology & Enzyme Technology
- Down Stream Processing
- Plant Biotechnology
- Animal Biotechnology
- Food & Industrial Bio technology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Agrictural Biotechnology
- Marketing & Management of Biotechnology
- Intellectual Property Rights, Biosafety & Bioethics
- Elective I- (Cancer Biology)
- Elective I- (Toxicology)
Scope and Career Prospects
It imparts comprehensive knowledge on Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food Technology, Industrial Biotechnology, Medical Biotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology etc.
The graduates of this course will gain knowledge and skills regarding Bio-Technology which will help them to understand living beings at molecular level, the genetic codes that rule the biological processes and finally could work for the betterment of mankind.
There is a high demand of bio-technologists in various branches of industry such as chemical, medicine, pharmaceutical, agricultural, environmental, and food and beverage.
This program degree holder can pursue further studies and go for master's level. Students can do specialization in fields like Animal Husbandry, Dairy Technology, Horticulture, Microbiology, Nutrition, Biochemistry, Agriculture, Zoology, Pharmacology, Genetics, etc. Specializing in sub-disciplines will offer particular jobs in both government and private sectors.