Bachelor of Travel And Tourism Studies (Purbanchal University)
Travel and tourism is one of the largest and fastest growing industries, creating lucrative job opportunities. Thus, a number of students are showing interest in pursuing education in this field and Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Studies (BTTS) can be an ideal degree for them. This program develops student's understanding of social, economic and cultural aspect of tourism. It provides students with business understanding and skills through rigorous theories and practical works.
Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Studies program offered by the Purbanchal University is a three years course, comprising six semesters and 117 credit hours. The program comprises of subjects like Mathematics & Basic Statistics, Accountancy & Financial Management, Organizational Behavior, Fundamentals of Management, Tourism Measurement, Travel & Tourism English, Travel and Tourism Legislation, Tourism Economics, Industrial Practice, Seminar Presentation and Study Tour, Tourism Development Planning, Tourism Marketing, Tourism Geography and Basic of Tourism to name a few. Students have the option to specialize in subjects like MICE, Hotel Management, History, Culture & Heritage Tourism and Adventure Tourism.
The main aims of this discipline are mentioned below:
- To provide students with comprehensive understanding of travel & tourism industry through academic theory and practical training.
- To develop student's entrepreneurial skills.
- To enable students to pursue further education in travel & tourism.
- To enhance students' managerial skills required to meet the ever-changing needs of tourism industries.
- To develop students' leadership quality and encourage them to work in a team if needed.
- Applicant should have completed +2 in any stream from board/university recognized by the Purbanchal University.
- Applicant should appear in entrance test conducted by the university.
- Eligible candidates should submit two passport size photographs.
- Applicants should submit attested photocopies of academic certificates.
- Applicant should submit character certificate issued by school & colleges attended.
- Completed and signed admission form.
The selection is made on the basis of applicant's academic performance, entrance test score and interview.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
BHM degree opens door for a number of jobs. Upon completion of this program, grads can find employment opportunities in various fields related to the travel & tourism. Graduates have the option to work in both private and public sectors. They can serve in travel agencies, transport, cargo companies, tour companies, hotels and restaurants. Moreover, they can run their own travel & tourism company.
The BHM program equips students with vocational training & in-depth knowledge related to travel and tourism industry; enhance communication and business management skills which broaden their job prospects. Grads with this degree can work as:
- Customer Service Officer
- Sales Executive
- Reservation Agent
- Ticketing Officer
- Manager at travel & tours companies
- Tourist information center manager
- Tour manager
- Tourism officer
- Event organizer
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.