Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (Purbanchal University)
Purbanchal University offers a bachelor's degree in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry course which is a 5 years course. It falls under the Agriculture faculty. The examination takes place on semester basis.
Veterinary Doctors are more aware and skilled enough than farmers to handle different livestock production related problems. The livestock production system cannot be productive and effective without veterinary professionals both in the rural and commercial sectors. They are qualified in the field of veterinary clinical sciences, animal breeding, livestock production and management.
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- To prepare professionals for the proper and effective production of livestock in both rural and commercial areas
- To provide students with high quality industrial research facilities in all disciplines of livestock, poultry production, post harvest technology
- To equip students with veterinary & animal husbandry techniques
- To provide knowledge about production of healthy livestock product for essential healthy population
- To aware students about the precaution and prevention of zoonotic diseases which causes harm to both animals and people
- To enhance the economical productivity and to improve the technologies being used
Students who have successfully completed their intermediate level in science stream (10+2 (science), I.SC. or I.Sc.Ag.) with a minimum of 50% score are eligible to apply for this program. Applicants are required to appear in the entrance examination conducted by Purbanchal University. Selection of candidates is totally on merit basis. A special provision for admission is also available for candidates in governmental or other institutional scholarship.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
Production of hygienic livestock product enhances general health of the population. Knowledge-based production and health management support can improve the livestock production system.
Recently, we have seen many job opportunities and options for the veterinary graduates in governmental/ non-governmental and private institutions, consultancy, and advisory services in Nepal. This course equips the students with problem solving skills required to solve the problems arising in livestock production. The graduates can pursue careers as veterinarians, veterinary technologists and technicians, etc.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.