BA LLB (Purbanchal University)
The Legisum Laterum Bachelor provides students' with a legal education, preparing them to meet the demands of the modern workforce. The program persuades students to think in a different way and find practical and ethical solutions to complex legal problems. The Legisum Laterum Bachelor program offered by the Purbanchal University can be expected to be completed within five years. The program includes studies in wide areas of law. The program covers subjects such as Legal English, International Relations and organization, Legal Nepali, Legislative Principles, Criminal Law, Sociology of Law, Procedural Law, Principles of Interpretation, International Human Rights Law, Legal Research and Professional Ethics, Constitutional Law and Constitutionalism, Administrative Law, Company Law, Contract Law and Advance Jurisprudence among others. The program equips students with practical training by letting them work with the real people with a real problem.
Kathmandu School of Law is the only academic institution affiliated with Purbanchal University that is offering Legisum Laterum Bachelor Program in Nepal.
The Legisum Laterum Bachelor program aspires to produce intellectually well-rounded law graduates with academic and professional skills needed to function in diverse legal settings. Some of the specific objectives of Legisum Laterum Bachelor program are listed below:
- To provide students with a fundamental of legal knowledge and its application to solve the legal issues.
- To encourage students to think critically and legally.
- To prepare students for further education in the field of law.
- To encourage students to act within the ethic of the profession.
- To widen students intellectual horizon and enhance their personality.
- To enable them to communicate effectively .
In order to be eligible to apply for admission in Legisum Laterum Bachelor program, applicants should have passed +2 level in any steam. They need to face an entrance exam conducted by the university and participate in the orientation class.
Selection is made on the basis of applicant's past academic performance and entrance test scores.
Applicants need to submit following documents, while applying for the admission:
- Accurately filled and signed admission form
- Attested copy of academic certificates
- Attested copy of transfer and character certificates
Course of Study
- General Concepts of Law
- General Principles of Law
- Political Theory and Thoughts
- Fundamental Management
- History of Nepal
- Political Theory and Thoughts
- Theories of Logic
- Clinical Works
- Criminal Law
- Principles and Rules of Procedural Law
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- International Organizations
- Legal English
- Legal Nepali
- Legislative Principles and Law Making Process
- Sociology of Law
- Clinical Course
- International Human Rights Law
- Principles of Interpretation
- Law of Evidenc
- Public International Law
- Constitutional Law and Constitutionalism
- Legal Research
- Professional Ethics
- Clinical Legal Education (Civil Moot Court)
- Clinical Work
- Advanced Jurisprudence
- Contract Law
- Company Law
- Administrative Law
- Clinical Legal Education (Criminal Moot Court)
- Community Outreach and Rural Law Advocacy Service
- Elective I (Business and International Trade Law) 1- International Trade Law and Arbitration
- Elective I (Business and International Trade Law) 2- Banking and Insurance Law
- Elective II (Criminal Law and Criminology) 1- Forensic Science and Medicial Jurisprudence
- Elective II (Criminal Law and Criminology) 2- Criminology and Penology
- Elective III (Constitutional Law Group) 1- Laws on Good Governance
- Elective III (Constitutional Law Group) 2- Electoral Law
- Elective IV (Environment and Development Law Group) 1- Environmental Law
- Elective IV (Environment and Development Law Group) 2- Water and River Law
Scope and Career Prospects
The Legisum Laterum Bachelor prepares graduates to practice legal profession. Graduates with this degree can find employment opportunities in an array of areas including government organization, private firms, corporative and non-government agencies in a wide range of fields, such as industrial law, taxation law, criminal law, environmental law, property law and business and commercial law. Individuals with this degree can opt to work as:
- Management consultant
- Project manager
- Corporate social responsibility manager
- Legal secretary
- Barristers' clerk
- Patent attorney
- Trademark attorney
- Legal executive
- Licensed Conveyancer
- Immigration officer
- Probation officer
- Public affairs consultant
- Trading standards officer