Master Degree in Conflict and International Humanitarian Law (Purbanchal University)
The two years Master Degree in Conflict and International Humanitarian Law offered by the Purbanchal university provides the students with a robust understanding of the role and importance of the humanitarian law in the present's complex global society. The program is introduced to indoctrinate the students with the practical application of human rights norms, present-time relevance of global humanitarian law and humanitarian assistance to victims of conflict, monitoring the violations of human rights, prosecution of monstrous war criminals. It is ideal program for individuals interested to make career in the fields of human right, including UN and Humanitarian agencies.
The Master Degree in Conflict and International Humanitarian Law program provides insight into the practice and procedures of international human rights bodies at the regional, UN and the global level. The program equips students with hand-on training and skills in the area of monitoring and reporting and assessment of human rights.
Some of the major objectives of Master Degree in Conflict and International Humanitarian Law program are listed below:
- To provide students with legal expertise and intensive knowledge in the international law.
- To enhance student's legal analysis and critically thinking skills.
- To encourage students to conduct research independently in the area of international law.
Course of Study
- International Humanitarian Laws and Implementation
- International Criminal Law and Court System
- Protection of Women and Children in Armed Conflict
- Conflict Resolution (Principles, Norms and Practice)
- Report Writing and Field Research
Scope and Career Prospects
A degree in Conflict and International Humanitarian Law opens door to an array of exciting and satisfying jobs as this discipline prepares students for career in field involving conflict analysis, such as business, international organizations, public sector and non-governmental organizations. Moreover, with the increasing number of specialized agencies that addresses matters related to conflict management and resolution, human right and rehabilitation, both from analytical prospect and field operations, job opportunities for this degree holder is also increasing. NGOS, ministries and municipalities are some of the major recruiter of this degree holder.