Master in Development Studies (Purbanchal University)
Purbanchal University offers a master's degree in the field of development studies called the Master in Development Studies (MDevS) course which falls under the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. The total time duration of this course is 2 years which is divided into four semesters.
MDevS course comprises of theoretical and useful development practices. This course would be very much beneficial for those who would like to contribute our nation socially. There are many areas of specialization in Development Studies which the students can undertake.
The main objectives of this course are mentioned below:
- To understand the drastic variations emerging in the societies.
- To enhance the standard and the quality of life.
- To investigate different factors that brings changes in the society.
- To evaluate the development policies and practices of the society.
- To be able to conduct research in the field of development in different areas.
- To build a solid base for further studies in similar field.
- To acquire an ability to have effective communication to solve development issues.
- Any individual with a bachelor's degree in any field are qualified to apply for Master in Development Studies (MDevS).
- Usually students are selected on the basis of academic qualification, the entrance examination and interview.
Course of Study
- Development Perspectives
- Public Policy and Planning
- Development Economics
- Development Management
- Community Actions and Governance
- Environment, Climate Change and Development
- Agrarian Structure and Development
- Project Design and Evaluation
- Poverty and Livelihoods
- Research Methods - Epistemology and Concepts
- Research Methods - Tools and Practicum
- Gender and Social Inclusion
- Project Management for Development
- Case Studies Review and Seminars
- Resource Conflicts and Management
- Regional Development Politics in South Asia
- Thesis Research
Scope and Career Prospects
Students who are willing to contribute to the country or society socially opt to this course. Students will be aware of the development factors, issues and policies required to create solutions after the completion of this course.
The students will be trained professionally to understand development issues and to solve them with the help of available method of analysis. The graduates can work as development specialists as well as development analysts in various development agencies, either private or government.
Development studies graduates can also seek for career opportunities in private sector development consultancy firms, international organizations like World Bank, United Nations, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) bodies, research centers, etc.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.