MA Mass Communication And Journalism (Purbanchal University)
The MAMCJ course is launched by the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism (MCJ). This course is for those students who want to earn a proper degree with professional expertise and academic command in Mass Communication and Journalism.
Purbanchal University offers a 2 years master's program in the field of arts known as Master of Arts in mass communication and journalism which is divided into four semesters. This course involves the study of techniques, new equipments and methodologies used in mass communication and journalism field.
The students need to prepare a thesis which focuses on theoretical knowledge as well as social and political economic issues. The MAMCJ degree is a dependent means to produce skilled professionals, researchers and academicians. This course aims to establish experts in various disciplines of Mass Communication and Journalism.
The objectives of this course are mentioned below:
- To enable students to gain knowledge of the theoretical concepts, communication skills and practical experiences necessary to have a successful media professional career.
- Helps to perform important research projects regarding the context and impact of mass communication.
- To enhance professional leadership skill, research ability and team work techniques in media institutions.
- To train the students to professionally apply new technologies and equipment in mass media and journalism.
- Helps the students to build up skills to establish their career as a journalist, communicator, leader, media personnel and media executive.
Course of Study
- Mass Communication Theories and Practices
- Modern Journalism: Principles and Trends
- Reporting/Editing or Term Paper
- Electronic Media: History and Modern Trends
- Media Law
- Fundamentals of Information System
- Project I
- Mass Media Industry and Society
- News Products Marketing
- Research in Mass Communication
- Advanced Electronic Media
- Comparative Study of the Media and Journalism in Nepal
- Advanced Concepts in Electronic Publication
- Project II: Institutional Profile Writing
- Mass Communication and Advertisement
- Mass Media and Public Relations
- Multimedia application
- SAARC Media
- Print Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism
- Project III Case Study
- Media Management
- Electives subject 1- Media and Gender
- Electives subject 2- Development Journalism
- Electives subject 3- Science and Environmental Journalism
- Electives subject 4- Court Reporting
- Electives subject 5- Public Communication
- Electives subject 6- International Communication
- Electives subject 7- Alternative Media Practices
- Electives subject 8- Cyber Publishing
- Electives subject 9- Term papers on various sectors of media
- Electives subject 10- Term paper on practical projects of audio
- Electives subject 11- (or) Audio-visual or photojournalism
Scope and Career Prospects
We all have seen a huge evolution in the field of media in recent years. We also know that Nepal lacks a lot behind in education and technology. This course enables students to apply Information and Technology extensively in the field of Mass Communication and Journalism. The theoretical information and the practical research help the students to work with equipment and professional media persons.
After working in the thesis, the graduates will be able to work as media critics, analysts and communication researchers. The students will learn the use of mass media to relay information to the huge population in an effective way. Mass media may be television, radio, newspaper, magazines, advertising, books, etc. As it directly affects the attitude, emotion and opinion of the people drawing information, the person must be professional and capable enough to solve problems if arises.
The information to be delivered is collected by journalists. It can be ideas, facts, or news of some heartwarming or heart wrecking events occurring on the day. As mass communication and journalism is interrelated and plays a vital role in the development of the country, this master's degree course enables individual to pursue a career in this field with in-depth knowledge and brilliant aptitude.