MBA - Master of Business Administration (Purbanchal University)
The Master of Business Administration is a globally renowned degree especially designed to enhance the knowledge and skills needed for careers in management and business. Moreover, it focuses on developing entrepreneurial and managerial abilities of students through the co-curricular and curricular activities. The core course covers diverse areas of business like human resources, marketing, finance and accounting. This program includes elective courses as well.
Master of Business Administration offered by the Purbanchal University is a two year program that comprises of twenty two courses and sixty-nines credit hours. The program consists of 4 distinct components: Foundation Courses, Capstone Courses, Specialization Course and Core Courses.
In the beginning of the fourth semester, students will be assigned to firms/organizations for eight weeks as an internship for business orientation and practical experience. By the end of the final semester, they should submit a thesis.
Some of the Purbanchal University affiliated colleges offering MBA program are:
- Novel Academy, located in Kathmandu
- White House Graduate School of Management, located in Kathmandu
- Topper Management College, located in Sanepa, Kathmandu
- Presidency College of Management Sciences, located in Bhaktapur
- Kantipur Hotel Management & Interior Design College, located in Buddhanagar, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
The major objectives of Master of Business Administration degree is to:
- Be able to combine business concepts and data with business knowledge in order to make strategic and tactical business decisions with the help of information technology.
- Be able to work in team.
- Be able to identify and respond to ethical problems inter-related to business practice.
- Be able to exhibit effective communication skills.
- Applicant should have passed 3 years undergraduate degree through any university acknowledge by Purbanchal University
- Applicant must have acquired minimum of 45% in bachelor examination
- Applicant should submit attested copy of academic certificates of SLC, +2 and bachelor level
- Applicant should submit accurately filled admission form
- Applicant should submit character certificated issued by the school and colleges
- Applicant should submit two recent passport size photographs
Course of Study
- Quantitative Skills for Business Studies
- Managerial Communications
- Managerial Economics and Decision Making
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership Skill
- Marketing for Managers
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Macro Economics and Policy Making
- Financial Management and Analysis
- Operations Management
- Human Resources Management
- Business Research
- Seminar Series I
- Management Information System and e-Commerce
- Organization Change and Design
- Seminar Series II
- Specialization I (Finance, Marketing or HRM)
- Specialization II (Finance, Marketing or HRM)
- Strategic Management
- International Business
- Specialization III (Finance, Marketing or HRM)
- Specialization IV (Finance, Marketing or HRM)
- Specialization Seminar
- Internship/ Thesis
Scope and Career Prospects
The demand of grads with Master of Business Administration is skyrocketing as a number of business organizations are in need of highly skilled and qualified workforce. Some of the job options for this degree holder are listed below:
- Sales manager
- Marketing Manager
- Investment Fund Manager
- Investment Banker
- Information Technology Director
- Management Consultant
- Health Service Manager
- Financial Manager
- Computer & Information Systems Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Chief financial officers
- Chief operating officer
- General and operations manager
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.