M.Ed. - Master of Education (Purbanchal University)
Purbhanchal University has been offering a master's degree in The Master of Education course which falls under the field of Humanities. This course aims to produce competent educational professionals such as teachers, curriculum specialists, education planners, managers/administrators and researchers.
It is a postgraduate qualification to specialize academically in education. The course pattern of M.Ed. includes professional courses, specialization courses and elective courses. Scholars can study in any one of the succeeding subjects:
- Curriculum and Evaluation
- Economics Education
- English Language Education
- Educational Planning and Management
- Geography Education
- Health Education
- History Education
- Mathematics Education
- Nepali Language Education
- Physical Education
- Political Science Education
The course also includes assignments, seminars, case studies and a lot of field studies for effective learning.
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- To provide students with professional skills required in educational policy
- To learn leadership and problem solving skills in the field of education
- To aware students with existing educational issues
- To polish the research and report writing skills by conducting a project involving literature review
- To produce high level academics and professionals of education who have knowledge of national and international systems of educations, educations policies and carry out education research including sound content knowledge to find out the national needs and international needs
- To provide qualified and competent youth educators for the development of the nation
- To promote the current need and prerequisites required for the development of education
To apply for this postgraduate degree, the applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree ore equivalent in any relevant field. Over completion of this course, the student will be awarded with the Master's degree in Master of Education.
Course of Study
- Foundatonof education
- Educational psychology
- Curriculum Planning & Practices
- Specialization 1
- Measurement & evaluation in education
- Research methodology
- Specialization 2
Scope and Career Prospects
This course aims to produce highly qualified scholars in the field of education. The students who desire a career in educational areas seek for this course. Schools and nurseries are some formal educational areas to opt a career but supporting education in an informal way as educational leaders is also an option. Spreading education and awareness among people about the importance of education is a social contribution towards development of the country. In this way, people will start to send their children to school and educated people to pursue higher studies. The country will gain much manpower working for the development of the country.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.