Master of Engineering in Earthquake (Purbanchal University)
Earthquake is a natural calamity that can hit any country at any time thus, an array of universities throughout the world are working towards mitigating its hazards and by introducing the academic discipline termed as Master of Engineering In Earthquake, Purbanchal University has taken a step towards it. The two years long course offered by PU addresses the issues in earthquake engineering- soil dynamics and structural dynamics. The program comprises of four semesters and eighty credit units.
Khwopa Engineering College is the only college affiliated to Purbanchal University that offers degree in Master of Engineering in Earthquake program.
The major goal of this discipline is to produce skilled professionals & academics conversant. Some of the objectives of this program are listed below:
- To produce high-level professionals with managerial and technical abilities within the nation in the field of earthquake engineering.
- To provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in the arena of earthquake engineering.
- Provide students with analytical and theoretical knowledge related to earthquake engineering through intensive course works, practical training and field visit.
- To enable students to carry out research work efficiently in the field of earthquake hazard, soil dynamics and structural dynamics and risk identification to help the country and community to build earthquake resistant society.
In order to be eligible to apply for admission, an applicant shall:
- Have passed four-year bachelor program in civil engineering from universities recognized by Purbanchal University.
- Take entrance exam and secure no less than 45% in the entrance test administered by PU
Students will get admission on the basis of their academic achievements, entrance test score and personal interview.
- Two recent P.P size photos
- Attested copy of academic certificates
- Completed and signed application form
- Attested copy of citizenship certificate
- Character certificates issued by the last attended institution
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
This degree holder has a wide range of career opportunity in Nepal as Nepal is prone to earthquake and is in need of skilled and knowledgeable professionals in the related field. Grads with this degree can find employment options in the Research & Development field. Graduates have option to work with both private and government companies involved in the construction of ports, roads, railways, buildings bridges and so on. They are also highly sought after in the universities, thus they can work as lecturers, researchers and professors.