Master of Public Health (Purbanchal University)
The Master of Public Health (MPH) is a graduate degree that prepares you to work on a wide range of public health services, forming policy and advocating, health education, institutional administration, treatment delivery and disease prevention. The course is designed for multidisciplinary health professionals to upgrade their competency, especially in achieving PHC(primary health care) goals. After completion of the course, graduates are expected to take up the role of leaders, essentially as generalists with preventive, pro motive, curative, rehabilitative and management abilities.The MPH degree in purbanchal university is designed to expose candidates to 5 core discipline areas of public health they are:
- Environmental Health
- Health Policy and Health Administration
- Social and behavioral sciences
Purbanchal University affiliated Colleges offering Master in Public Health MPH:
- Little Buddha College of Health Sciences
- Asian College of Advance Studies
- Hope International College
- To provide guidence in health related education, service and research.
- To intensify primary health care activities at rural and urban areas.
- To cope the problems at different levels and mobilize the available resources.
- To prepare public health specialists.
- To create an ability to comprehend existing and emerging public health problems.
- To create a better public service team.
- In order to join Mph program in purbanchal university, Candidates who passed MBBS,BPH,BSC Nursing,BPH,PBBN, and have scored at least CGPA of 2 or minimum 50 percent would be eligible.
- The last and final decision is taken by considering the performance of applicant in the admission test. Students are required to fill all the necessary information regarding their personal and academic qualification.
- The application can be downloaded from www.purbanchaluniv.com.
- The full application along with the transcripts should be submitted to office in the given time.
- While submitting the application along with it the applicants need to pay Rs. 2000. The paid fee must be deposited in the Global Bank and the deposited voucher should be submitted along with application.
- MBBS,MD,DO are given more priorities in this course.
- Fifty percent of the Seats will be reserved for candidates of Department of Health Services, Ministry of health. However, they have to pass the entrance examination and meet the admission criteria to be include in the merit list.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
Public health is a fast-growing subject and have wide range of scope that constantly needs new professionals. Wide variety of career positions are required within this industry that one can work in, depending on your interests and skills. The MPH degree program is more focused on practical application of public health issues within the working platform. It enables students to be leaders in their communities and work to increase social awareness and perform various duties in relation to public health, depending on their specialty.
Some of the areas where MPH graduates are needed:
- Research Coordinator
- Health Educator
- Research Assistant
- Infection Control Officer
- Project Manager