Master of Science in Urban Design in Conservation (Purbanchal University)
The Master of Science in Urban Design in conservative program is introduced to conserve past heritage and develop cities in broader prospect. The program focuses on equipping the students with the ability to develop urban design solutions, evaluate them critically and implement them effectively. It also gives understanding on the design, developments and the conservation of historic buildings and cultural heritage. The two year MSc in Urban Design and Conservation program offered by the Purbanchal University is designed to produce academically sound and skilled higher level professionals who are able to involve at inter-regional as well as international cooperation.
Khwopa Engineering College is the only academic institution affiliated with Purbanchal University that is offering the Master of Science in Urban Design in Conservation in Nepal. It is located in Libali, Bhaktapur. The total tuition fee charged by the college is Rs. 1,57,080 Only twenty seats are available.
Some of the major objectives of the Master of Science in Urban Design in Conservation program are listed below:
- To provide students with & specialized knowledge in various areas such as environmental designers, sustainable management and developing cities.
- To provide skills and academic foundations for research and development of ideas.
- To provide students with a solid foundation in urban design and conservation.
Students interested in pursuing the Master of Science in Urban Design in Conservation program should fulfill the following mentioned requirements:
- Should have B.E. in Civil or related engineering programs or bachelor degree in Architecture from the board or university acknowledge by Purbanchal University
- (Should have scored at least pass marks in the entrance exam administered by the university and personal interview taken by college)
Following is the list of documents, applicant should submit while applying for admission in Master of Science in Urban Design in Conservation program:
- Attested copy of academic certificate
- Attested copy of provisional certificates
- Duly filled and signed form
- Recently taken photos
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
The Master of Science in Urban Design and Conservation degree opens an array of employment opportunities especially in country like Nepal which is heading towards development and internationally renowned for its cultural heritage. This program equips students with techniques of designing, developing and managing cities as well as conserving them, producing a skilled manpower as per demand of the market. This degree holder find job in both private and public and government and non-government firm. Town planner, conservation officer, building surveyor, local government officer are some of the career options for this degree holders.