Master of Tourism Studies (Purbanchal University)
An interdisciplinary academic degree, The Master of Tourism offered by Purbanchal University is an intensive two-year program designed to produce a skilled and competent professional in the field of tourism. The course deals with a core, current and rising problems related to tourism. The curriculum provides students with a solid foundation for a career in travel and tourism sectors.
The program consists of twenty-one courses and sixty-six credit hours which shall be completed within four semesters. The program is further divided into four courses: compulsory courses, core courses, specialized area and Elective course. Students have the option to specialize in Travel Agency Management, Tourism Marketing, MICE Tourism, Hospitality Management, Ecotourism and Airlines Management.
Kathmandu Academy of Tourism and Hospitality: Established in 2002 and affiliated with Purbanchal University, it is the only academic institute in Nepal that offer postgraduate lever program in tourism management. As suggested by its name itself, the college fully focuses on tourism and hospitality. It is located in Rabi Bhawan, Kalimati, Kathmandu.
- To enable students to communicate efficiently.
- To provide students with managerial skills and knowledge required to address the need of tourism industry.
- To enhance students' critical thinking and decision-making skill.
- Bachelor degree in any program with two years of experience in service at the supervisory level.
- Applicant should take the entrance test as per the requirement prescribed by PU and personal interview held by the academy.
- Two recent P.P size photos
- Attested copy of academic certificates
- Completed and signed application form
- Attested copy of citizenship certificate
- Character certificates issued by the last attended institution
Students are selected for MTS on the basis of their academic certificates and entrance test score.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
As Nepal's economy highly depends upon the tourism industry, the demand of knowledgeable and skilled manpower in this field will never lessen. Thus, MTS degree holder should never worry about finding a job. They can find employment opportunities in both private and public sectors. In the public sector, they can find a job in the Directorates and Departments of Tourism and in the private sector, they can serve at travel agencies, transport and cargo companies among other. Moreover, grads with this degree can apply for the higher level post in any organization related to tourism.
MTS Graduates have a wide range of employment opportunities in travel organizations, tourism departments, hotels and airlines. An Individual with this degree has the option to work as:
- Holiday representative
- Lodging manager
- Tourism officer
- Travel agency manager
- Tour manager
- Tourist information center manager
- Tourist guides
- Information assistants
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.