Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (Purbanchal University)
Since the inception of Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application degree, it has been one of the most popular programs in the field of Computer Application. Students from any discipline can earn this degree. The program primarily focuses on providing students with in-depth knowledge in computer programming and its application, covering every essential element.
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) is a one year program offered by the Purbanchal University that requires thirty four credit hours to complete. The program comprises of twelve courses, including a project. In the first semester, students are introduced to Introduction to Information Technology, Web Technology, Mathematics, Data Communication & Networks, Problem Solving & Programming in C and Digital Logical & Computer Design. Likewise, in second semesters, they study Object Oriented Programming, Database Management System, Statistics & Numerical Methods, Data Structure & Algorithm and System Analysis & Design.
Colleges affiliated with Purbanchal University offering Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application:
- Kantipur City College, located in Putalisadak, Kathmandu
- LA GRANDEE International College, located in Pokhara
The main aim of this program is to produce skilled and trained computer profession who are capable of handling software challenges. Some of the major objectives of this program are listed below:
- The program provide students with basic understanding in computer system.
- The program enable students to use the IT application efficiently.
- The program provides clear concept of internet and net working.
- Graduate with this degree are eligible to apply for M.Sc (IT).
- Develop entrepreneurship skills.
Non-IT Graduate: Candidates must have secured at least 45% or 2.0 CGPA in graduate level and appear in the entrance test administered by the university.
Working Graduate: Candidates must have secured at least 40% & should submit Sponsorship Letter from involved firm. They should appear in the entrance test administered by the university.
- Eligible candidates should submit two passport size photographs
- Applicants should submit attested photocopies of academic certificates
- Applicant should submit completed and signed admission form
Course of Study
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Digital Computer Design
- Problem Solving and programming in C
- Data Communication and Networks
- Web technology
- System Analysis and design
- Data Structure ad algorithm
- Statistics and Numerical Methods
- Data Base Management System
- Object oriented Programming
Scope and Career Prospects
With the rapid development of technologies, computer have become an integral part of many organization, thus they are in a need of a skilled computer professional. Due to which, graduates with this degree have an array of employment opportunities. The most common employers include IR service providers and IT consultancies. In addition to this, this degree holder can find job within the IT departments of telecommunication, healthcare, retail etc.
An individual with this degree can work as:
- Banking Analyst
- Project Leader
- Database Administrator
- EDP incharge
- Networking Manager
- Software Development
- System Analysts
- Interface Developer
- Java Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- Project Manager
- IT Consultant