Search for College
Sagarmatha Engineering College
Sagarmatha Engineering College was established in 2010 A.D. with a group of likeminded professionals and educationists dedicated towards the excellence of engineering education in Nepal. It is affiliated with the Tribhuwan University and is located in the serene ambience of Sanepa in Lalitpur. Ever since its inception, Sagarmatha Engineering College has focused towards disseminating qualitative education in the various disciplines of the engineering. Sagarmatha Engineering College is resolutely moving forward to become the “Center of Excellence” in the scenario of the educational industry in the nation. Today, it is one of the leading colleges and a prime destination for the students all over the country.
Sagarmatha Engineering College has a team of qualified and dedicated faculty of teaching and nonteaching staff who are always encouraging and motivating their students towards intellectual growth all at an affordable price and an academically friendly and learning environment. The college goes along with the guidelines and the visions as set up the Institute of Engineering and educates its students not only limited and related to the content of the syllabus but also about the life skills that matter most in their future professional career. Sagarmatha Engineering College focuses on instilling theoretical knowledge as well as practical skills and techniques and helps in creating innovative ideas.
The principal of Sagarmatha Engineering College (SEC), Er. Ramesh Shrestha says the college has been providing latest teaching pedagogy, and skill oriented professional and vocational training courses in order to produce skilled human resources in the field of IT. This college provides a lively environment for learning and understanding the complexities of technology, issues existing in the society and diverse challenges that arise in the real world. He further adds that the college has been committed to enhancing academic performance and encouraging the students to take the advantage of the facilities and supports available at Sagarmatha Engineering College. In order to enhance the soft skill of students, the college has been providing extensive training so that they will be easily comprehended by the job market. He, as the principal of SEC, has set a goal to continue upward growth as seamlessly as possible.
Why Sagarmatha Engineering College ?
- Sagarmatha Engineering College is located at a posh yet environment-friendly location in Sanepa, Lalitpur and is easily accessible and convenient to reach.
- The college has its own academic buildings with fully furnished infrastructures. The college also provides an excellent environment for learning all at an affordable cost.
- The faculty of teaching and administrative staff consists of highly experienced and dedicated professionals in their respective fields.
- The courses and syllabus are up-to-date as per the need of the present world class education system in the discipline of engineering.
- Sagarmatha Engineering College is committed in imparting world class education and produce competent professionals who can compete in the international platform.
- The college practices hands-on learning and teaching methodologies and focuses on modern and practical approaches of study.
- Sagarmatha Engineering College initiates and undertakes various research based projects and activities. There are routine field visits and practical assignments for the students. Also, there are visits from the guest faculty which motivates the students in interaction and group discussion.
- Sagarmatha Engineering College also focuses on career guide and counseling as well as conducts various workshops and seminars on a regular basis.
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
If you wish to pursue your career in Civil Engineering then graduate in this course from Sagarmatha Engineering College. Get involved in the development of construction systems. Read more about all the information regarding fee structure, career opportunity, requirements and procedures, admission process and other details.
Bachelor of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Aiming to graduate in Electronics and Communication Engineering? Then Sagarmatha Engineering College provides an opportunity to do this course with a high level of familiarity with the concepts and their application in real-world problem-solving. Also, you can get the feedback from SEC college students.
To obtain in-depth knowledge in the IT field, B.Sc.CSIT program will be helpful for the growth of your skills in this industry. Sagarmatha Engineering College offers you the academic program of B.Sc.CSIT with a suitable environment and practical learning system. Click the given link to know the details.
There is a provision of scholarships to the deserving students at Sagarmatha Engineering College. There are schemes of General Scholarship and Academic Excellence Awards as per the criteria of the college.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Training and placement: Sagarmatha Engineering College organizes training workshops on a timely basis and prepares the students with practical and industrial training and makes them ready to compete against in the market. The college has been facilitating its students through career recruitment and placement in different reputed organizations all over the country.
- Research and Development Unit: Students are assigned to different research-based activities and projects. This helps in exploring and discovering innovative and creative ideas.
- Field Visit: Field visits are a must part of the curriculum. This inculcates the practical approach of study as well as inculcates the idea of group learning and team work. There are boot camps and survey camps organized as a part of the practical study by Sagarmatha Engineering College.
- Laboratories: Sagarmatha Engineering College has a well-equipped laboratory where practical assignments can be carried out. The computer labs have high-speed connectivity with unlimited internet facilities to the students.
- Library: There is a well-stocked library at Sagarmatha Engineering College with a large compilation of books and reading materials.
- Sports and Extracurricular Activities: The College focuses on the overall growth and wellbeing of its students; hence it has sports ground within its premises. There are extracurricular activities which are organized and conducted on a regular basis.
- Cafeteria: Sagarmatha Engineering College has a great concern for the health of its students and has a well-managed and hygienic cafeteria with healthy foods.
Apart from academic excellence, Sagarmatha Engineering College focuses on other aspects that are beyond academics. There is student welfare council that embodies the representative students working in coordination with the college administration with regard to the academic and nonacademic presentations. The Civil Engineering Students Society and Electronic Engineering Society are two different departmental bodies run and managed by students dedicated for the interest and wellbeing of the students in the civil and electronics engineering faculty respectively. There is another students’ body called as Sagarmatha Sahityik Manch that is focused in bringing out the hidden literary talents and exploring creativity in literature.
Applicants wishing to enroll at Sagarmatha Engineering College are required to get through the entrance examination conducted by the IOE. To appear for the IOE entrance examination, a candidate should have scored a minimum of at least 45% in +2 in Science or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent degree (Physics, Chemistry and two Mathematics papers of a total of 200 marks) from any board or university recognized by the HSEB or the TU.