The German Academic Exchange Service A.KA. Deutscher Akademischer Austaus chdienst(DAAD) offers scholarships for international students for an array of postgraduate programs at universities in German. The sole motto of this scholarship is to provide educated young professionals with specialized studies. Only students from developing countries can apply for this scholarship.
Universities teaching development-related postgraduate programs.
Students from developing nations.
Paycheck of 750 Euros is given to graduate students and 1000 euros is given to doctoral candidates and payment for travel allowance and personal liability, accident, health insurance, if required
In order to be eligible to receive this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Have served at public authority or private organization in a developing nation, for example, have worked in making plan and polices or in projects.
- Should have completed bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Should have good academic marks (upper third).
- Should have minimum of two years of work experience in the related field.
- Applicant should apply for this scholarship within six years of completing the course of study.
For Courses in English:
Applicant should have obtained Band 6 in IELTS or score at least 550 in paper-based TOEFL or 213 in computer-based, 80 in internet based.
For courses in German:
Students should have taken A2 or B2 level German language course before applying. Then they have to take DSH2 or TestDaF 4 course.
DAAD presence in Nepal:
This year, two regional scholarship programs were introduced by DAAD, targeting Nepali and Bangladeshi students for Master studies at IIT, Bombay in multiple technical subjects after which the number of scholarship and funding offered by DAAD for Nepal has reached twenty. Reportedly, the number of students studying in German under DAAD has tripled in last ten years.
Application for 2017 and 2018 is currently closed.