BE in Architecture (Tribhuvan University)
Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) is one of the renowned degrees one can hold. It comes under the faculty of Science. B. Arch program in TU completes in 5 years, semesters wise. Exams will be held in each semesters (i.e. 10 times). B. Arch (TU) syllabus was updated last in 2066 B.S. Course contents can be viewed in website of IOE (Institute Of Engineering) or in websites of colleges providing it. One who wants to embrace his/her creativity, imagination, logic and hard work can join B.Arch affiliated to TU.
Colleges offering Bachelor of Architecture of TU:
Very few colleges affiliated to TU provide B.Arch program. Kathmandu Engineering College and Himalayan College of Engineering are some of them. Otherwise it can be studied in IOE, Pulchowk which consists of 175 seats.
Fee for B.Arch is a bit expensive than other engineering faculties. But its less in TU compared to other Universities.
- To allow people to express their strong desires in their work.
- To produce imaginable, creative artists cum logicians who can blend their ideas and imagination to create arts, designs, buildings.
- To produce safe, sound, perfect places as well as environment where people can work securely.
- To produce multitasking manpower who can solve engineering problems and invent new world.
One who wants to study B.Arch in TU must have completed his/her higher secondary school level (HSEB) board or intermediate level or diploma, compulsorily in science faculty and must have compulsorily passed Mathematics. Students securing at least 45% are only allowed to take B.Arch entrance test.
Important Information related to Entrance Exam Process of B.Arch in TU:
- The entrance exam is held by IOE.
- The forms for the entrance exam shall be downloaded from the website of IOE and the exam is held before publication of Grade 12 Science result of HSEB.
- It generally falls at the time of August every year and is held in Pulchowk Engineering College.
- The entrance exam will be from Maths, English, Chemistry and Physics.
- The sample questions can be viewed in the site of IOE.
- The exam is computer based.
- The total marks for IOE entrance exam is 140 and its duration is 2 hours.
- International Students can also take this entrance test if they are willing to study B.Arch in TU.
- The result of entrance exam is generally published within 3-4 days and students can view their scores by logging into the entrance exam website.
- At the time of admission, the hard copy of scores should be shown.
- A different aptitude test is generally hold by TU affiliated colleges (the one where you choose to study) in order to check students' intelligence level. That might also include the exam of drawing so as to estimate students' creativity.
Course of Study
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Applied Mechanics
- Basic Design I
- Introduction to Architecture
- Building Materials I
- Drafting I
- Free hand Sketching I
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Drafting II
- Basic Design II
- Free Hand Sketching I
- Art and Graphics II
- Building Construction I
- Basic Skill Workshop
- Design Studio III
- Theory I
- Building Materials II
- Building Science II
- Freehand Sketch II
- Freehand Sketch II
- Building Construction II
- History of Western Architecture
- Structures I
- Design studio IV
- Theory II
- Building Service I
- Building Construction III
- History of Eastern Architecture
- Structure II
- Survey I
- Design Studio V
- Theory III
- Building Services II
- Building Construction IV
- History of Nepalese Architecture
- Structure III
- Survey II
- Design Studio VI
- Working Drawings
- History of Modern Architecture & Human Settlement Planning I (Urban)
- Design Studio VII
- Building Science III
- Architecture Conservation
- Human Settlement Planning II (Rural)
- Computer Aided Design
- Structure IV
- Communications I
Scope and Career Prospects
Architecture is a very high paying field too, because it’s not just limited in reading and writing and one gets many career chances because attractive buildings, restaurants, malls are being constructed day by day.
- Interior designing
- Exterior designing
- Construction Manager
- Urban Planner