Bachelor of Business Studies (Tribhuvan University)
Bachelor of Business studies is the four year degree program conducted by Tribhuvan University, faculty of Management. It is annual exam based program. The main objective of BBS is to develop students into dynamic managers having ability to handle responsibility in every sector. The course was designed by considering the fact that graduates will have to live in very challenging and competitive environment then onwards. Therefore, through this course the students will have an opportunity to understand the knowledge of practical and reality based skills required to organize and manage the organizations of any form. The program will have specialization in General Management, Marketing Management, Finance Accountancy, and Management Science.
List of colleges offering BBS program:
There is large number of colleges throughout Nepal offering BBS program. It is one of the highly studied courses in Nepal. Every year thousands of students get enrolled in BBS program. In Nepal there are more than 465 colleges that offers BBS program. Some of the list of BBS colleges in Nepal especially in Kathmandu valley is:
- St. Xavier's College
- Brihaspati College
- Balkumari College
- Malpi International College
- Nepal Institute of Management & Science
- Triton International College
- Khwopa College
- Bagmati Modern College
- Brookfield International College
- Everest College of Multiple Studies
- Nagarjuna International College
- Thames International College
- Dillibazar Kanya Multiple Campus
- Kathmandu BernHardt College
- Kathmandu Model College
- Lincoln College
- Madan Bhandari Memorial College
- Modern Nepal College.
- People's Campus
- Premier College
- Padma Kanya Multiple Campus
Not only these, there are other colleges within and outside Kathmandu valley which offers BBS courses and it is not possible to mention all of them.
The specific objectives of BBS program are as follows:
- Endow students the conjectural knowledge of business and administration to develop the broad management perspective in students.
- Develop students into competent and responsible managers by providing them the required skills, abilities and necessary attitude.
- Make students the catalyst of change in Nepalese society by motivating them to explore their entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Create a necessary and passionate environment for higher studies so that students involve themselves in teaching, research, consultancy etc then after.
The candidate applying for admission to the BBS program:
- Students willing to apply for BBS program must have successfully completed the plus two(10+2) in business/ commerce or an equivalent course from a HSEB (Higher Secondary School Board) or from Tribhuvan University(TU) or from other University or Board recognized by T.U
- Students from other faculty like Science and Arts, in order to join BBS must have studied mathematics or economics as a full paper at the intermediate level (10+2) program.
- Student must have studied full paper of English at the plus two level or equivalent program.
- As prescribed by the Faculty Board or campus concerned, student must have secured the minimum marks at their intermediate level. Generally, there are no such tough criteria for getting enrolled in BBS program especially in Government Colleges.
- Students should fulfill all criteria as required by the entry college.
- Some colleges even take entrance exam and the students are chosen according to merit basis.
Minimum General Requirements:
The minimum requirements for BBS 4 years are as follows:
- Excluding days taken for admission and examination, an academic year consists of 150 teaching days.
- The total instructional hours in an academic year will be 615 hrs and additional hours may be required for field and practical works.
- A paper of 100 marks will have 150 lectures each of 50 minutes.
- There will be a minimum of 5 periods in each teaching day.
When it comes to fee structure, the government colleges are offering BBS program at very low cost. However, fee structure of BBS is quite high in private colleges of Kathmandu. One can get knowledge of government colleges in the respective college. And the cost of studying BBS in private colleges of Kathmandu valley ranges from Rs. 200,000 to Rs. 400,000. It will be wise on the part of students to contact the colleges or visit their official website for it.
Course of Study
- Business English
- Business Statistics
- Accounting for Financial Analysis
- Principles of Management
- Business Communication
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Foundations of Human Resource Management
- Business Law
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Business Environment and Strategy
- Taxation and Auditing
- Organizational Behavior
- Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development
- Business Research Methods
- Final Project
- Concentration Area I- (Accounting) 1- Accounting for Business
- Concentration Area I- (Accounting) 2- Advance Auditing
- Concentration Area I- (Accounting) 3- Budgeting and controlling of Profit
- Concentration Area II- (Finance) 1- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
- Concentration Area II- (Finance) 2- Foundations of Financial Institutions and Markets
- Concentration Area II- (Finance) 3- Fundamentals of Investment
- Concentration Area II- (Finance) 4- Insurance and Risk Management
- Concentration Area III- (Marketing) 1- Fundamentals of Selling
- Concentration Area III- (Marketing) 2- Foreign Trade and Export Management in Nepal
- Concentration Area III- (Marketing) 3- Fundamentals of Advertising
- Concentration Area IV- (Management) 1- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Concentration Area IV- (Management) 2- International Business
- Concentration Area IV- (Management) 3- Management of Industrial Relations
- Concentration Area IV- (Management) 4- Productivity Management
- Concentration Area IV- (Management) 5- Quality Management
Scope and Career Prospects
The BBS program has been converted into four years program from 3 years program. Because of this, it has become the choice of students who want to pursue management comparatively in cheaper rates. The academic cost of BBS compared to other management courses is less. However, when it comes job and career, BBS program has as much possibilities and scope as compared to other subjects in management. From banking to corporate house, factories to account, every where there is a need of BBS graduates. They can work in sales and marketing. Since, it has become four years, it has now become easy for students to go abroad for further study. Not only are this, teaching and training also good fields for BBS graduates. Moreover, it becomes complementary for graduates to get enrolled in higher studies through BBS.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.