B.Sc. CSIT (Tribhuvan University)
B.Sc. CSIT program affiliated to Tribhuvan University (TU) is a four year Bachelor Degree program conducted over 8 semesters. Students gradually pass out one semester and are promoted to the next semester after qualifying exam at each semester. The program was launched by TU to generate IT graduates so that they can fulfill the overwhelming demand of IT professionals both within the country and worldwide.
- The objective of the B.Sc. CSIT program is to enable students know the fundamental theories, knowledge and skill sets of computer science and Information Technology.
- B.Sc. CSIT 4 years degree course generate IT graduates to fulfill the growing demand of computing professionals in IT market.
- B.Sc. CSIT programs is bent more over to programming field thus enabling students to develop profound knowledge in software field so that they can pursue the path to become software programmers, software system analysis, software consultants.
- B.Sc. CSIT program enables students to build their knowledge in hardware and networking to an extensive level.
- Courses in B.Sc. CSIT program provide knowledge and skills to solve various types of computer and IT related problems.
- Another objective of B.Sc. CSIT degree program is to develop the capacity of the students to bring the impact in the field of business sector through IT.
Students wishing to pursue B.Sc. CSIT degree program must meet the following criteria.
- He or she must have completed higher secondary education from science stream like +2 science, or A Level Science, I.Sc or equivalent level of education from any other university, board or institution recognized to TU with a remark of at least 45% aggregate on mark sheet.
- Student must have applied for B.Sc. CSIT entrance exam of TU and secured 35% marks in aggregate.
Admission Process of B.Sc CSIT in TU
TU normally calls for application submission during the month of Shrawan or Bhadra. After Tribhuvan University calls for admission, students can visit any constituent college affiliated to TU offering B.Sc CSIT to collect and submit an application form. It is not necessary to study in the college where you submit the form. Students should pass the Tribhuvan University entrance examination after which students can get admission in the college of their choice. However, the college admission procedure is depends solely on the college.
Entrance Preparation for B.Sc. CSIT
Due to limited number of colleges offering B.Sc. CSIT program and to add on that the student quota rule per college make it a tough competition among +2 graduates wishing to get admitted in colleges for B.Sc. Csit degree program. Moreover, the competition gets even severe in succeeding to get admission in colleges for BSc Csit in St. Xaviers, ASCOL, Patan Multiple Campus. You need to secure high percentage in entrance examinations conducted by Institute of Science and Technology, TU. Thus, students can make their mind to enroll in entrance preparation class to build their knowledge and confidence.
Course of Study
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Fundamentals of Computer Programming
- Probability and Statistics
- Calculus and Analytical Geometry
- Physics I
- Biology I
- Geology I
- Statistics I
- Digital Logic
- Discrete Structures
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Linear Algebra
- Physics II
- Biology II
- Geology II
- Statistics II
- Computer Architecture
- Object Oriented Programming Language
- Operating Systems
- Numerical Method
- Introduction to Management
- Theory of Computation
- System Analysis and Design
- Database Management System
- Computer Graphics
- Introduction to Cognitive Science
- Technical Writing
- Computer Networks
- Simulation and Modeling
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Knowledge Management
- Microprocessor Based Design
- Applied Logic
- Wireless Networking
- International Business Management
- International Marketing
- Neural Networks
- Computer Hardware Design
- Software Engineering
- Compiler Design and Construction
- Web Technologies
- Real Time System
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Fundamentals of E-Commerce
- Society and Ethics in Information Technology
- Automation and Robotics
- Digital System Design
- Net Centric Computing
- Web Centric Computing
- Embedded System Programming
- Image Processing
- Software Project Management
- Advance Database and Information System
- Internet Technology
- Advance Java Programming
- Project Work Computer Science Elective 3
- Information Retrieval
- Database Administration
- Network and System Administration
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Advance Networking with IPv6
- Distributed Networking
- Network Security
- Multimedia Database
- Distributed and Object Oriented Database
- Could Computing
- Geographical Information System
- Decision Support System
Scope and Career Prospects
The IT career has been the most influential and the most uprising form of the career prospect nowadays. IT companies acquire computing graduates in the field of software application development, programming, networking, IT consultants and in other area. On top of that these days, almost every government and non-government organizations, corporate houses, academic institutions, small businesses hire specialized IT professionals to deal with the daily problems occurring in their workplace. Thus, the more organizations uses IT products in their work place increases the demand of IT professionals.
Let's see the major areas where B.Sc CSIT graduates have their career prospects.
Software Development Companies
- B.Sc. CSIT graduates can work in software companies as software application developer in Java, .NET, Python, PHP.
- B.Sc. CSIT passed out students can seek their career as a mobile application developer in Android and IOS platform.
- B.Sc. CSIT graduates with substantial software development experience can work as a software consultants, system analyst, project manager, IT officer or in some post designated to software professionals.
Networking Companies like ISP
- B.Sc. CSIT graduates can work as a network specialists in ISPs
- Graduates can work as a system administrator in ISP.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.