Master of Nursing (Tribhuvan University)
Masters in Nursing (MN) is a graduate level nursing program offered by T.U, under the faculty of Pharmacy & Nursing. It is one of the highly respected and prestigious degree with a great scope worldwide. It is a 2 years duration course offered to only the registered nurses, providing them with more career opportunities in the health and medical sector. The course includes both practical and theoretical classes. Students can do theirpractice in Women Health & Development; Adult Nursing; or Child Health Nursing.
Master in Nursing has 3 specialty areas
- Master in Nursing (Women’s Health Development)
- Master in Nursing (Pediatric)
- Master in Nursing (Adult Nursing)
For further information, candidate can visit the website www.iom.edu.np
List of colleges offering MN program of TU:
- Lalitpur Nursing Campus, Sanepa, Lalitpur
- Nursing Campus, Maharajgunj (IOM)
- To produce highly professional, educated and capable nurses to work at higher managerial level positions
- To produce nurses who are willing to work for Women & Child Health care and Adult Nursing
- To produce nurses for promotion of health and medical necessities, conducting nursing research programs in different areas of nursing and medicine
- To help in the career development of nurses by providing them with theoretical and practical knowledge of nursing education
- To generate the proficient, enthusiastic, task oriented nurses for the management of health services in the nation
- To produce nurses to provide advanced level services to the general people on the base of nursing knowledge and practice
- To provides the student with knowledge of educational science and prepare qualified educator in nursing practice
- The candidates should have Post-basic BN or Generic B. Sc Nursing from TU or University recognized by TU.
- The candidates should have at least 2 years of nursing experience after the completion of BN/B Sc Nursing (Experience is valid only after registration in Nepal Nursing Council).
- The candidates must qualify the entrance examination conducted by IOM.
- For all Nepalese or Foreign students, the applicants must appear in common entrance examination conducted by IOM.
- After the entrance exam, the merit list will be published but differently for Nepalese and foreign students.
- The benchmark to pass the entrance exam is 50% marks in entrance.
- The admission will be based on merit basis in spot counseling (open house counseling) as required.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
Nursing, one of the noblest professions of taking care of the sick and wounded people has tremendous scopes within and outside the country. After completing the graduation, one can work as a teacher and lectures in different medical colleges. One can also get involved in the field research as a researcher in health care. Different hospitals and nursing homes, children homes and orphanage, old age house, NGO/ INGOs working in the field of health care, etc are organizations and institutions where graduates can work. Not only this, nurse can work as bed side assistant, heath assistant and project manager. Nurses can also get job opportunities in military, pharmaceutical related to nursing, transport department, schools and big corporate house etc. The nursing is highly demanded in foreign countries. The nurses get good salary and can enjoy decent life abroad.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.