Master of Social Work (Tribhuvan University)
Tribhuvan University, under the faculty of Humanity and social science offers the Master of Social work degree to aspirants wishing achieve their Masters level. Master degree in Social Work course will be of 2 years conducted in semester wise mode. This program provides both theoretical and practical knowledge on social work. The course has a lot of values and can be beneficial to the students who are much more interested in social work. The interested candidate can contact or visit the university, Center for Nepal and Asian studies building, central college, Kirtipur, 1st floor.
What is Social Work?
Social work is the activity that is done by the professionals in a community in a disciplined way to bring changes in society. Social work is also a field where different research programs are done to improve the life and the development of the society. In the social work not only the professionals do participate but also the nonprofessionals give help to the social workers for the betterment of society and for themselves. Social workers perform different activities through research, policy, community organizing, teaching, etc. Through these activities, problems in the society, individuals will come out and they can act accordingly to improve in the areas where they are behind.
For the practice of social work, different theories from economics, education, medicine, politics, psychology and sociology are needed. Today social work is the backbone of society and it has become a profession. People who are deprived of high education due to lack of money opt for this career.
Fee Structure of MSW in Nepal:
The fee structure of Master of Social Work in Nepal is quite high in Tribhuvan University as compared to other Universities in Nepal. It requires around 5-10 lakhs Nepali currency. The students have to pay the fee at the start of the semester. At the time of admission, the students must pay the fee of first semester. For more information one can visit the web site of the university.
List of Colleges offering Master of Social Work:
Under the affiliation of Tribhuvan University, only one college i.e. St. Xavier's College located at Maitighar has been running the course Master of Social Work.
- To solve social problems.
- To fulfill the needs of people.
- To make social harmony relationship in society.
- To be self-sufficiency.
- To change the society in favor of individual’s growth and development.
- To bring change in social system for social development.
In order to join Master of Social work, the applicant must have a Bachelor's Degree of a minimum of 3 years from a recognized university in the same faculty, with minimum of second division. The applicant's will be finalized based in the performance given by him/her on different field like Bachelor's mark, entrance test, Interview. The applicant must submit the application along with their transcripts on the given time. Application after the deadline will not be accepted. The applicant can download the application from the university website.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
Social work has great field where one can easily adjust and can do their work efficiently. One can do the social work in any part of country.
- Social work degree can open many doors with knowledge and skills to work in the field.
- Social worker can work in medical or public health. It has got a very high demand. They can simply go to the hospitals and help the doctors and nurses.
- Social worker can do their services in rehabilitation centers, schools, home stays, etc.
- They can perform different camping in villages for improvement of society and the life of individuals.
- They can also get jobs through NGO's and INGO's.
- Teaching is also one of the social work.
- The MSW degree also has greater value in foreign countries.