Bachelor of Computer Application (Tribhuvan University)
Tribhuvan University has recently come up with a new program under the faculty of Humanities and Social Science. The program is termed as Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA). This program has been proposed under the affiliation of Tribhuvan University from the new academic year of 2071/72 BS. However, TU has not provided affiliation to any of its constituent or private colleges till late December 2016. TU has launched the program from the academic year 2074/2075. In the first phase TU has given permission to run BCA at its 6 constituent campuses.
It is a 4 years (8 semesters) degree. This 4 years program in Computer Application has been started with an objective to produce qualified computer software developers having wide range of knowledge in the technical field. Students learn to solve computer based problems of different types of business and industries.
The course insights:
- To produce professionals in the field of computer application as programmer and software developers.
- To provide knowledge about various tools and techniques used in software development.
- To provide students with both practical and theoretical aspect of studies related to computer applications.
- To enhance the skill of students to create solutions of technical problems that arises in industrial, commercial as well as in government companies.
- To provide students a fine base to continue their studies further in MIT, MBA, MCA, etc.
Students from all the faculty are eligible to get admission for the BCA program. PCL or +2 or equivalent in any discipline passed with minimum 40% marks or 'C' grade or 2 CGPA or C grade in all subjects of 11 and 12 are eligible for the admission.
- From August 8, 2018 to September 7, 2018 you can collect and submit admission forms.
- Form submission with late fee: last date - September 14, 2018
- Entrance examination (written): September 22, 2018
- Examination time: 8:00 am
- Admission form fee: Rs. 1,200 (In Words: One thousand and two hundred only)
Course of Study
- Computer Fundamentals and Applications
- Society and Technology
- English I
- Mathematics I
- Digital Logic
- C Programming
- Financial Accounting
- English II
- Mathematics II
- Microprocessor and Computer Architecture
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Probability and Statistics
- System analysis and design
- OOP in Java
- Web Technology
- Operating System
- Numerical Methods
- Software Engineering
- Scripting Language
- Database Management System
- Project I
- MIS and E-Business
- DotNet Technology
- Computer Networking
- Introduction to Management
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Mobile Programming
- Distributed System
- Applied Economics
- Advanced Java Programming
- Network Programming
- Project II
- Cyber Law and Professional Ethics
- Cloud Computing
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Operations Research
- Project III
- Elective III
- Elective IV
Scope and Career Prospects
Computer has become an inevitable part of our daily lives. Most of the work today is done with the help of a computer. With the demand of computers, comes the demand of computer operators. Though, most of us are aware and skilled to use the basic application in a computer, there is always a need of a professional with qualification to get work done quickly and efficiently.
Software developer and different IT professional develops different types of applications and computer games. This is one of the popular posts that has a great demand on the market and is highly paid as well. Some popular IT companies in Nepal which are hiring computer apps professionals are given below:
- Nepasoft Solutions
- Info Developers
- Mercantile Communications
- Worldlink Communications
- ebPearls, and many more.
BCA graduates can apply for a post of system analysts, system managers, project managers, database administrators, system designers and programmers. Information industries and manufacture industries are always seeking for BCA graduates.
Students completing their bachelor's degree in computer application are further legible to study in any faculties which come under the Management and Information Technology such as M.C.A (Master of Computer Applications) and many more.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.